Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Opportunities! > BIG news

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carole (last edited Apr 27, 2018 03:39PM) (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1244 comments Mod
Indie Author's Monthly has been added to a newsletter from a source associated with Publisher's Weekly to go out to over 30000, that's thirty thousand librarians !!!

Congratudations to all those authors who made sure they wrote articles. The executive told me librarians are asking for sources to BUY indies for their libraries and because IAM is FREE- they will probably download and research the books mentioned.

Hoping for a million more downloads!!!!

message 2: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Yay! That's great news, Carole!

message 3: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe | 5 comments Excellent news - as a librarian as well as an author, I can tell you we use whatever sources we can get ahold of it to choose our books, and we are buying more indies than ever.

message 4: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Jackson (authorrljackson) | 67 comments Mod
That’s so awesome to hear Cecily

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments Sweet!

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine (christineroney) | 34 comments Great news!

message 7: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 3 comments Awesome!

message 8: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 66 comments WOW

message 9: by Wolf (new)

Wolf DeVoon | 12 comments congrats, Carole, well done, amply earned

message 10: by Carole (last edited Apr 28, 2018 05:27AM) (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1244 comments Mod
Thank, you, Wolf- but I never see it as earned. Just part of my journey- our journey. Doing something like this is how I build every business or job I've ever had. You have to ask people to help you- You have to ask questions and offer to help them.
Even if you think you have nothing to offer to someone you see as very successful- you do- Everybody has something useful to share and what I've leaned is anybody who is smart always has listening ears on.
Getting that lead- is just another way I found to network.
If you look at history- books were rare - very few printed. Yet, today we read Beowolf or Chaucer, Giliad, even the Bible- There was no internet, no People magazine, no Twitter. There was no television, radio or Utube- yet these pieces of literture survived- Why? Networking, word of mouth. People- they were popularized by grass-roots movements. That's all we are trying to do. Wait- I'm stopping- I think I have an article- but the point is- we can celebrate our own talent by spreading it on our social media- I wrote this in one of my dedications- alone a finger can't do much- but combined with others it can make an impact as a fist.

message 11: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments This is amazing!

message 12: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes So happy to hear it!

message 13: by Prakash (last edited Apr 29, 2018 03:54AM) (new)

Prakash Sharma (pvsharma) | 18 comments Great news!
Best wishes to you all, the team members of IAM.
Congratulations RL, Carole, Erica.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura Berlin | 7 comments That’s fantastic news!!!! Congratulations!!!

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread