Play Book Tag discussion

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1)
This topic is about Rosemary and Rue
April 2018: Strong Women > Rosemary and Rue - Seanan McGuire (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1456 comments Rosemary and Rue is the first book in the October Daye urban fantasy series. Like many urban fantasy books, it has a strong female protagonist that battles all sorts of supernatural bad guys in her city (in this case it is San Francisco). I like how McGuire has incorporated fae folklore into the urban setting. The characters were interesting and multidimensional. I also liked how October was not perfect, she got injured a lot in the course of the story and needed a lot of help from others. She was not an invincible superhero that could run through a rain of bullets without a scratch. The pacing of the book lagged at times, but usually these series take a few books to hit their stride. I will definitely continue reading the series.

Hebah (quietdissident) | 675 comments Tobey certainly fits the bill of strong woman. Like you, though, I also like that she gets seriously hurt in places--it ups the suspense and makes success that much more satisfying. I need to read further in the series.

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue | 1403 comments I've read this full series (so far) and it stays really strong imo.

Many of the characters and story lines are developed over a number of books.

message 4: by Sushicat (new) - added it

Sushicat | 805 comments I really liked this one, but have never gotten around to the next one.