All About Books discussion

The Monday Poem > Publishing Your Own Poetry -IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 12313 comments Mod
Hello everyone, we have decided to make a change to the Monday Poem. The other mods and I have decided to relax the self-promotion rules in regards to the Monday Poem and allow our members who wish to do so, publish their own poetry. For now, this will only be a trial run to see if it works out. This is completely optional, if you are not a budding poet but would like to share your favourite, please feel free to sign up in the thread. The current May sign up is still open with two slots left, this can be found here

If you do decide to post your poetry, please be aware that there are still some rules in place regarding self-promotion. While you are allowed that you wrote the poem, do not put any links to other poems or anthologies where the book may come from. And do not post your poetry unless you have a slot on the sign-up sheet.

message 2: by Joan (new)

Joan Thanks Mods, that seems like a good plan. Although I am not a poet, I like the idea of discovering a new voice in poetry from within the All About Books club.
I can see some of the many dangers; your trial plan seems wise.

message 3: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 12313 comments Mod
Joan wrote: "Thanks Mods, that seems like a good plan. Although I am not a poet, I like the idea of discovering a new voice in poetry from within the All About Books club.
I can see some of the many dangers; y..."

That's what I am hoping for anyway, to allow poets to be able to show their work.

message 4: by LauraT (last edited Apr 28, 2018 12:37PM) (new)

LauraT (laurata) | 13645 comments Mod
This is exactly what we were thinking Joan!