BLBC discussion

May 2018 - Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstances

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trudy (new)

Trudy Gleason | 1765 comments Mod
The scheduled for May is as follows: ( I may not be able to post for the first part of the month but I will try):

"Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance
by Ruth Emmie Lang"
Day Date Chapter #pages
Tue 1-May Prologue - First Interlude p 1 - 13 12
Wed 2-May Book 1 - Chapter 1 - 2 P 15 - 25 11
Thu 3-May Chapter 3 - 5 P 26 - 39 14
Fri 4-May Chapter 6 - 8 P 40 - 50 11
Sat 5-May Book 2 - Chapter 9 P 53 - 67 15
Sun 6-May Chapter 10 - 11 P 68 - 76 9
Mon 7-May Chapter 12 - 13 P 77 - 89 13
Tue 8-May Chapter 14 P 90 - 97 8
Wed 9-May Chapter 15 p 98 - 108 11
Thu 10-May Chapter 16 - 18 P 109 - 120 12
Fri 11-May Chapter 19, 20 Second Interlude P 121 - 132 13
Sat 12-May Book 3 - Chapter 21 -22 P 135 - 147 13
Sun 13-May Chapter 23 - 24 P148 - 159 12
Mon 14-May Chapter 25 - 26 P 160 - 170 11
Tue 15-May Chapter 27 - 29 P 171 - 182 12
Wed 16-May Chapter 30 - Ch 33 P 183 - 195 11
Thu 17-May Chapter 34- 36 P 196 - 209 14
Fri 18-May Chapter 37 - 38 P 210 - 218 9
Sat 19-May Chapter 39 - 40 P 219 - 230 12
Sun 20-May Chapter 41 - 43 P 231 - 245 15
Mon 21-May Chapter 44 - 47 P 246 - 256 11
Tue 22-May Third Interlude P 357 - 264 8
Wed 23-May Book 5 - Chapter 48 - 49 P 267 - 276 10
Thu 24-May Chapter 50 - 53 P 277 - 287 11
Fri 25-May Chapter 54 - 55 P 288 - 300 13
Sat 26-May Chapter 56 - 57 P 301 - 308 8
Sun 27-May Chapter 58 - 59 P 309 - 318 10
Mon 28-May Happy Memorial Day
Tue 29-May Fourth Interlude P 319 - 330 12 12
Wed 30-May Book 6 - Ch 60 P 333 - 338 6
Thur 31-May Ch 61 P 339 - 346 18

message 2: by Annie (new)

Annie | 116 comments Trudy, Thank you for the schedule!

message 3: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Tue 1-May Prologue - First Interlude p 1 - 13 12

message 4: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Tue 1-May Prologue - First Interlude p 1 - 13 12"

Dr. Daniel Foust remembers delivering Weylyn. It was June 29 and when Weylyn took his first breath, it started to snow with flurries. By the time he was swaddled, there was 6 inches on the ground. Then the baby winked at him. He was spooked but hid it from the mother.
a
2014 – Rorcke, Ruby and another kid were playing Truth or dare. Roarke always chose dare. There was a spider man that lived in a cabin. The man was suppose to have eaten the other boys’ dog. The dare was for Rorke to free the birds that were stuck on the roof of the spider man’s cabin. Rorke went to the cabin and found that the birds were stuck in spiderwebs. He freed the birds but then fell through the roof getting caught in a spider web. Weylyn found him hanging there. Rorke asked him to free him and Weylyn said he would.

message 5: by Trudy (new)

Hi all, I am finally back from my vacation.
Today's Reading: Thu 10-May Chapter 16 - 18 P 109 - 120 12

message 6: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Hi all, I am finally back from my vacation.
Today's Reading: Thu 10-May Chapter 16 - 18 P 109 - 120 12"

Ch 16 – It was Christmas and the day was balmy. Meg has been invited to the Kramer’s for Christmas but she didn’t feel up to it and told them she was going to visit her family. She and Nate always went to his family’s for Christmas and she wept thinking about it. Later, Lydia and Weylyn showed up with pumpkin pie and asked if she wanted some. They ate pie and Weylyn commented that he didn’t know Christmas could taste so good. He almost remembered Christmas with his parents but the wolves didn’t celebrate it. They only celebrated the full moon by howling and he taught Lydia and Meg how to how

Ch 17 – They were watching Twilight Zone when they heard a scream. It was Carolyn. Then Lydia remember the tiara that June had taken, she was supposed to have put it back. Weylyn looked upset saying they were going to blame it on him. Sure enough, Carolyn, Mrs & Mr Lowry showed up on Meg’s door and Ms Lawry started yelling for Weylyn accusing him on stealing the tiara. The weather outside was getting worse and Lydia kept her eyes on Weylyn. Mr. Lowry was upset and mad as his wife for not being Christian unless it benefited herself and she said Weylyn was a thief. Finally, Weylyn snapped and yelled that he wasn’t a thief. Then there were tornado warnings.

Ch 18 – There was tornado warnings on the TV. Mrs. Lowry said it can’t be, it’s Christmas. Meg and Mrs. Lowery were tasked with getting people in the storm shelter. Weylyn and Merlin started toward the shelter but then Weylyn stopped and stared down the storm. Mr. Lowry went to get Weylyn and watched as the tornado dissipated.

message 7: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Fri 11-May Chapter 19, 20 Second Interlude P 121 - 132 13

message 8: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Fri 11-May Chapter 19, 20 Second Interlude P 121 - 132 13"

Ch 19 – The next Sunday at Church, Mr. Lowry asked to meet Meg after the service. He told her he didn’t think he could keep Weylyn if he was to keep his family together and asked if she would adopt him and move away. Meg mentioned that she has already run into Nate twice since they broke up and it was too hard. She said she would take Weylyn and move to Alabama. Lydia was not happy about the whole thing and blamed it all on her mother. Lydia told Weylyn and she would write and that he would always be her brother.

Ch 20 – Meg and Weylyn lived in a small apartment in her home town. She didn’t do the motherhood perfectly but they did OK. Lydia would go away to college and come and visit on holidays and after 5 years, Weylyn would go off to college also. She didn’t get to be a parent for too long but she treasured the time she had.

Second Interlude – Weylyn was with Rorke again. Rorke was introduced to Weylyn’s wolf friend, Boo. Weylyn saw that Rorke was trying to impress a girl and had only one piece of advice, don’t try too hard.

message 9: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Sat 12-May Book 3 - Chapter 21 -22 P 135 - 147 13

message 10: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Sat 12-May Book 3 - Chapter 21 -22 P 135 - 147 13"

Ch 21 – Bobby Quinn Jr. is a politician not by choice but my family legacy. His father was major for 40 years and his father before that for 50 years. He didn’t want to be may of Little Turtle but no one ran against him and he got only 29 votes to win. He found out he was going to be a father and decided he wanted to take his job seriously. He had to figure out what to do about a levee. He sees a video on a man who can stop tornados and thinks he has the solution.

Ch 22 – Mary is at University in Little Turtle. She wanted to study wolves, after all she lived with them for a month. However, she is now studying insects. She boyfriend Quan is a microbiologist who is obsessed with getting a paten. She needs to write a stellar paper to get in to the Wolf Study program.

message 11: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Sun 13-May Chapter 23 - 24 P148 - 159 12

message 12: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Sun 13-May Chapter 23 - 24 P148 - 159 12"

Ch 23 – Bobby was meeting with Weylyn at a bar outside town. Weylyn claims that his pig Merlin in the one with the power over the weather but he didn’t think they had tornados in Mississippi. Bobby said he wanted help with hurricanes. Weylyn said they would try.

Ch 24 – Mary was walking at the beach and saw Weylyn. It was a happy reunion.

message 13: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Mon 14-May Chapter 25 - 26 P 160 - 170 11

message 14: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Mon 14-May Chapter 25 - 26 P 160 - 170 11"

Ch 25 – Bobby’s people were surprised that he got funding for the levee project on his own. Then his father went to talk to him and told him he was being swindled. Better that than thinking him an idiot for going with Weylyn to solve the problem.

Ch 26 – Weylyn and Mary met down by the beach. Weylyn told her why he was in town and she decided to study Merlin to see if he has any affect on the weather. They ended up surfing in their underware.

message 15: by Trudy (new)

Today's reading: Tue 15-May Chapter 27 - 29 P 171 - 182 12

message 16: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's reading: Tue 15-May Chapter 27 - 29 P 171 - 182 12"

Ch 27 – Bobby was supposed to meet his dad and the counsel and when he got there, he found Weylyn and Merlin. Needless to say, his dad was less than happy. He was threated with impeachment. He denied knowing Weylyn and Weylyn left.

Ch 28 – Weylyn told Mary what happened and Mary wasn’t surprised. Weylyn was living under the bridge by the beach as he was kicked out of his hotel. She offered him her couch but he said no. The hurricane was headed toward town and he was staying to stop it as promised. She went home and Quan had a bag packed for her. He didn’t have her journals and photo of her mother and postcard from Weylyn. She finally said she wasn’t leaving and he knew it was another guy. She told him it was but she wasn’t cheating on him. He left near tears but not before giving her the letter from the wolf habitat.

Ch 29 – Bobby felt like such a fool, he figured he would resign after the hurricane hit. How could he believe a pig could stop the hurricane? He should leave town. His phone rang, it was Lacey, her water broke. He went to get her to take her to the hospital. It was slow going due to everyone evacuating. They got to the hospital, it was too late for drugs, she had a contraction. He went for the doctor and everything went dark.

message 17: by Annie (new)

Annie | 116 comments Trudy wrote: "Hi all, I am finally back from my vacation.

Trudy, Hope you had a great time on your vacation!

message 18: by Trudy (new)

Annie wrote: "Trudy wrote: "Hi all, I am finally back from my vacation.

Trudy, Hope you had a great time on your vacation!"

I did, I went on a 12 day cruise to Alaska - it was a blast. Didn't have internet access on the ship but kept up my reading and took notes.

message 19: by Trudy (new)

Wed 16-May Chapter 30 - 33 P 183 - 195 11
Ch 30 – Mary went to the beach to find Weylyn but found Merlin first. She them found Weylyn. The wind was blowing, the waves were crashing and she was asking Merlyn why Merlin was doing nothing. He told her she should go to safety but she said she believed. She then watched as Weylyn went out into the storm and it dissipated. And finally ended with several strikes of lightning. Then she saw Weylyn’s motionless body on the sand.

Ch 31 – Bobby was at the Crab shack and he was telling the story again with his daughter in his arms. He was asked if he was the one that brought they guy to town. He measure what the correct answer should be and he finally said yes. Several people saw Weylyn on the beach fighting the hurricane until he was struck by lightning. They all congratulated him, included a man in the corner – his father. Bobby asked his dad if he wanted to hold the baby, he nodded. It was the first time since his stroke, that Bobby saw his father with a genuine smile.

Ch 32 – Mary was in the hospital with Weylyn. He has been unconscious for 4 days. She even snuck in Merlyn one day hoping that hearing Merlin would bring Weylyn back. Then she came back one day and he was awake. She asked him what happened and he replied that he was struck by lightning. She accused him of controlling the weather and not Merlin. He was about to fall asleep again and she told him that she had left Quan and was going to be leaving in 2 weeks to study wolves. He said he wanted to go with her.

Book 4 – Ch 33 – Duane is living in a small town with his cow Primrose. He had a thing for Ellen in the General store but found out she just got engaged, if only he had made a move 6 months ago when he got there. He is stocking up for winter. They are expecting 18 inches of snow in the storm that night. That would be on top of the 6 they already have.

message 20: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Thu 17-May Chapter 34- 36 P 196 - 209 14

message 21: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Thu 17-May Chapter 34- 36 P 196 - 209 14"

Ch 34 – Mary realized she as falling for Weylyn when they were driving to Montana. They stopped at a dinner and had blackberry pie and he commented about the work that had gone into making the pie. She wanted to know about what happened on the beach. He didn’t want to say but finally said his moods affect the weather. When he is sad, it rains, when he is happy, it is sunny. When he joyful, there is a rainbow. A rainbow followed them to Montana.

Ch 35 – Duane woke up with a massive hangover. He should know better than to drink so much. The snow was piled high outside the door. He dug through it and heard wailing in the background. He knew the sound as Primrose when they sold her last calf. He got to the barn and she found the calf dead and a wolf in the corner which was also dead, struck by Primrose’s horn. He took the wolf’s body and put it in the pasture as a warning to the rest of the pack. The ground was too frozen to bury it.

Ch 36 - Mary got up at 4 AM to meet the group. They called her Lobo girl. The leader lost three fingers on one hand. He wasn’t too happy to have Mary along and made a point of telling her he wasn’t a part of the decision to pick her. They went to the wolf pack. The had a kill, they were holding off the omega until all other had their fill. The alpha female was waiting for the alpha male to take his share. They found his body. By the time she got home that night, she was exhausted and frozen. Weylyn had a bath run for her, a fire going and tea brewing. Weylyn was filling out a job application to be a logger.

message 22: by Trudy (new)

FYI - I will start the voting process next week so if there are any books you want to nominate, please do so before Monday.

message 23: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Fri 18-May Chapter 37 - 38 P 210 - 218 9

message 24: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Fri 18-May Chapter 37 - 38 P 210 - 218 9"

Ch 37 – Duane and his buddy Gus were loggers and started on the same day. They saved each other’s lives their first day and have been friends ever since. Duane told Gus about the wolf that got Primroses’ calf and Gus wanted to go out wolf hunting next weekend. In the afternoon, Duane was going to be working with the greenhorns, one of which was Weylyn. Weylyn did better than Duane expected. Near the end of shift Duane thought he saw a wolf. He thought he heard paws on the snow.

Ch 38 – Mary wanted to talk to Weylyn about the wolves but he didn’t seem interested. She thought that if she could introduce him to the wolves he would be more interested so she took him out. He saw the wolves and was mildly interested. She told him she thought he would be more interested. He told her that he was happy just being with her.

message 25: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Sat 19-May Chapter 39 - 40 P 219 - 230 12

message 26: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Sat 19-May Chapter 39 - 40 P 219 - 230 12"

Ch 39 – Duane went and got a wolf hunting permit. He met Moose, Ellen’s fiancé. He wasn’t impressed. Gus was excited that they were going wolf hunting and were talking about it over lunch. Weylyn overheard and told them wolves were gently creature and if Gus planned on going after them with his bare hands, he should expect to lose both hands. That did not earn him brownie points. Gus had it out for Weylyn but Duane liked him well enough and invited them to join them for a drink after work. It was clear Weylyn didn’t drink and Duane decided that Weylyn was more comfortable around animals that humans and that maybe he push aside by humans too many times.

Ch 40 – Mary was out with the wolves and her team. She was frustrated with one of the guys. When she got home, Weylyn greeted her telling her they were going out to dinner for her birthday. He gave her a field of daffodils. She was going to wear jeans and an old sweater but if this was a date, she wanted to look nice and wear the best outfit she brought. They were both dressed up and looked nice but Mary didn’t really want to go and Weylyn understood that. They stayed in a cooked but he wanted it to still be a date. They cooked, ate, snuggled by the fire and finally after Weylyn shared his fears, Mary kissed him.

message 27: by Annie (new)

Annie | 116 comments Trudy, Your vacation sounds wonderful! Alaska has been on my places to see list for a long time. I've heard it's beautiful! And to be unplugged for 12 days, added bonus!

message 28: by Trudy (new)

Annie wrote: "Trudy, Your vacation sounds wonderful! Alaska has been on my places to see list for a long time. I've heard it's beautiful! And to be unplugged for 12 days, added bonus!"

It was nice being unplugged but as I help take care of my mother, it was nice to be able to call her when I got to port. I figured my brother would text me if anything was up. Everything worked out well with her so it was nice. Beautiful place to visit. Highly recommend it.

message 29: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Sun 20-May Chapter 41 - 43 P 231 - 245 15

message 30: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Sun 20-May Chapter 41 - 43 P 231 - 245 15"

Ch 41 – The next day, the loggers get to the place where they stopped the day before and all the trees that they had cleared out were back. They men were stumpted although it didn’t seem to phase Weylyn, he was ready to cut them down again. Finally, Duane thought there was something strange about Weylyn

Ch 42. Mary was in a good mood. She didn’t get mad at her crew when they didn’t stuff to piss her off. She was watch Willow as males came by trying to take over her pack. Mary watch as Willow chased them away. One male she named Dorian came back with more of a fight, he got Willow in the neck and then the pack chased him off. Mary when to check on Willow and when she got too close, Willow have her a warning bite on her arm. She had 10 puncture marks. She put gauze around it and headed out, she got about a mile and started to get light headed. She finally lost consciousness.

Ch 43 – For 5 days the forest kept growing again, thicker each day. The fifth day, the men had enough. They cut six trees so they would fall at once and blamed it on Weylyn. Weylyn denied having done anything but Duane suspended him for a week anyway. As Weylyn left, It started to snow and they got a record 9 inches in an hour. The crew couldn’t work anymore. Duane left feeling bad for having suspended Weylyn, took his gun and went hunting. He found a lone wolf. Instead of shooting, he followed it and it led him to a parka covered with snow. It was Mary. He took her to the hospital. When she woke up and found out what happened, she asked him to go get Weylyn. When Weylyn found out what happened to Mary, it started to snow again. Weylyn told him some of his problem with weather and his moods. Weylyn said he hated snow.

message 31: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading; Mon 21-May Chapter 44 - 47 P 246 - 256 11

message 32: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading; Mon 21-May Chapter 44 - 47 P 246 - 256 11"

Ch 44 – Mary was in the hospital. She could see the snow coming down. She had sent Duane to get Weylyn and he was upset. He apologized and told her about the storm that killed his parents. He didn’t remember it too much but knew he was responsible. She tried to tell him he wasn’t but they both knew he was. He was afraid he would hurt someone he loved. He left her at the hospital. When she got home the next day, he was gone. He left her a postcard telling her she was the best human he knew and that he has to leave. He asked her to take care of Merlin and asked for her forgiveness in coming and going.

Ch 45 – Mary called Duane and asked him to go with her to find Weylyn. They were on a snowmobile and she went deep into the forest. At one point they had to get off and go on foot. Duane realized they were tracking wolves and said he would have brought his rifle if he’d known. She told her they wouldn’t hurt him. She found the pack but Willow wasn’t there. Then they found Weylyn with her.

Ch 46 – Mary say Weylyn with Willow, she had accepted him and wait for the rest of the family to accept him. They Willow did something she hadn’t seen her do before, she groveled. She had accepted Weylyn as her male alpha. Weylyn finally saw her and his face was relief mixed with sadness. Mary realized he was where he belonged. She held Weylyn for one last time and they she left.

Ch 47 – Duane woke up the snow was all melted. He thought about Mary and Weylyn. Mary got the short end of the deal but he thought about Weylyn trying for her. He realized he kept growing the forest for Mary. It was actually quite beautiful. He was out of coffee and drove to town through the rived that use to be the highway. At the store, there was Sophie, she was new covering for Ellen who was on her honeymoon. She wanted to know about the forest that kept growing. He told her he knows about it and it was kind of a love story. She wanted to hear it all the more.

message 33: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Tue 22-May Third Interlude P 357 - 264 8

message 34: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Tue 22-May Third Interlude P 357 - 264 8"

Roarke came by to finish up the fixing of the roof. He learned more about Weylyn and Weylyn told him more about his life. Weylyn told Roake his biggest regret was the day he left Mary. He still goes and sees Lydia about once a year but he gets lonely.

message 35: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Wed 23-May Book 5 - Chapter 48 - 49 P 267 - 276 10

message 36: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Wed 23-May Book 5 - Chapter 48 - 49 P 267 - 276 10"

Ch 48 – Lydia now lives with her husband and two sons Micah and Clay in Pennsylvania near Amish country. Lydia was an artist and had a studio in the old barn. She did cute stuff to sell at art fairs and then she did stuff that only hung on the walls at Halloween. They had a bee colony in the back and a bee keeper who worked in it. Micah wanted to be a bee keeper (he was 7 at the time) and his mother said he had to wait at least 7 years. He was a sensitive kid that was bullied at school although his teachers loved him. Micah was quiet and Lydia gave him her set of Wandering Wizard books and read them all in 3 months. He would try his spells on the cat. Clay was 2 years younger and opposite of Micah. He loved sports and had a lot of friends. Clay was Micah’s best ( and really only) friend but they fought all the time.

Ch 49 - Micah was happy it was the first day of summer. He was now 14 and he was practicing his spells and Clay was kicking the soccer ball. Micah asked Clay to kick the ball somewhere else and Clay called him a name the kids at school used for him. Clay ended up throwing Micah’s wand into the Bee colony. Micah tried to do the same to Clay’s soccer ball but he was too quick. Micah was 14 now, he put on the bee keeper gear and went into the colony. He could hear the bees but they weren’t around. He went in the back and found then hovering over a man – he thought he was dead. The bees saw Micah and attacked. The man on the ground came over to him and told the bees to stop. He took the boy into the house.

message 37: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Thu 24-May Chapter 50 - 53 P 277 - 287 11

message 38: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Thu 24-May Chapter 50 - 53 P 277 - 287 11"

Ch 50 – Lydia was on the phone when Weylyn came in with Micah over his shoulder. Lydia dropped the phone as Weylyn asked in the boy was allergic to bee stings. She got Weylyn tweezers to take out the stingers. He told Micah he should take an oatmeal bath to reduce the itching. When Micah went up Lydia asked Weylyn where he’d been the last 15 years. He stopped a hurricane, grew a forest which caused a snow storm and lived with wolves until he was kicked out. He came back because she was the only family he had and he missed her. She missed him also. She drew in a bath in the other bathroom.

Ch 51 – Micah heard Weylyn’s story and believed he was a wizard. Maybe he could teach Micah how to cast spells. His mom brought the oatmeal and Micah wet his hair and pretended to take a bath.

Ch 52 – Bill came home from work and says Clay had a cut on his face, Micah looks like he has smallpox and there is a homeless man in my home. Lydia said the homeless man is her brother, Micah and Clay got into a fight and Micah got stung by bees and Weylyn saved him. She asked if they could give Weylyn the job as bee-keeper. He didn’t seem to mind. She made spaghetti and meatball, a favorite of Weylyn’s and asked him to call everyone for dinner. The homeless man on the front porch told me to tell you he wasn’t hungry, that was before he knew who he was which is what was with all the confusion.

Ch 53 – Micah woke early the next morning. He noticed Weylyn in with the bees. He put on the bee keeper outfit, all of it, not just the hood this time. He told Weylyn that he heard him talk about his powers to his mom and he wanted Weylyn to teach him magic. Weylyn said it was just a story but Micah would not believe him. If he would tell, Micah would spy on him and find out about his magic.

message 39: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Fri 25-May Chapter 54 - 55 P 288 - 300 13

message 40: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Fri 25-May Chapter 54 - 55 P 288 - 300 13"

Ch 54 – Lydia woke up Sunday morning dreading pancake day. It was great for the family but not so much for the cook. The power was out. Weylyn provided the honey but didn’t want to eat with the family, Lydia wouldn’t hear of it. Weylyn provided a jar of honey a day, whereas Rodger provided one a week. Lydia said she would start selling it, they couldn’t use that much. Weylyn was getting better at being around the family but there was still something off about him. He told Lydia about Mary and how he was in love with her but almost killed her. He feels he is dangerous and nothing is safe with him.

Ch 55 – Micah overheard the conversation between Lydia and Weylyn. He went to sign up for the Honey Run and found that Clay had already signed up with another partner. He was mad and hoped the Run would get rained out. He saw a luminous light out by the bees. He snuck out, found Weylyn with fireflies and bees making luminous honey. He told him he didn’t think he was a Wizard because he didn’t train, he was wasting his powers. It started to rain. Micah ran off. They Honey Run was canceled the next day due to rain. Micah avoided the family the next few days as he didn’t want to see Weylyn. On the 4th day, Weylyn came to the door and told him dinner was ready and that he wanted to learn how to use his power and would Micah help. Micah was happy.

message 41: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Sat 26-May Chapter 56 - 57 P 301 - 308 8

message 42: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Sat 26-May Chapter 56 - 57 P 301 - 308 8"

Ch 56 – Lydia was told by Clay’s friend Gunner that she and Bill will embarrassments to the team bringing snacks and cheer so loud at the games. Gunner had a peanut allergy so for that day forward, all snacks she brought had peanuts or peanut butter so he couldn’t have any. Lydia insisted that Micah go to one of the games and brought Weylyn along also. They had been spending a lot of time together which was good, Micah needed someone else besides his parents now that Clay and Micah weren’t getting along. The soccer game was going along, Weylyn was being loud but very distinct on his comments. Micah was reading a book. Lydia told him to put it down and said that Clay may trip because his shoe is untied. She was going to let him find out for himself. Clay did fall but it was due to Gunner kicking him in the shin. Micah was outraged. He ran after Gunner with his wand out, Weylyn went to follow. When Micah said a spell at Gunner, the tree behind Gunner was struck by lighting and scared him. Micah came back and sat down, Weylyn limped back saying he stubbed his toe. Clay said that the whole thing was pretty cool.

Ch 57 – Micah was having the best summer after that. He and Clay were hanging out again. Micah was helping Weylyn harvest honey from the bees by day and light from fireflies at night. They would harvest the light in jars, seal them and they bury them. Weylyn told him to never open the jars. Finally, he got bored. There was a county wide blackout so he went out where at least the air was moving. He decided to find out what would happen if he opened one of the jars of light. It exploded open and a baseball size ball of energy fell on his foot. It sparked when he went to touch it. Weylyn was there and yelled at him and said he was going home. Then he buried that ball and the house now had electricity, the rest of the county was still out.

message 43: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Tue 29-May Fourth Interlude P 319 - 330 12 12

message 44: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Tue 29-May Fourth Interlude P 319 - 330 12 12"

Roarke brought the pictures he had taken to school and Ruby was pretty impressed. Mike was upset because Roarke showed him up. When Mike wanted Roarke to hurt a raccoon (which happen to be Weylyn’s friend), Roarke drew the line. And when Mike was going throw a rock at it, Roarke stopped him by knocking him down. As Roarke followed the Raccoon, it went to “the wolf lady” house. She was the lady from the zoo who brought a wolf to class. Roarke figured out that she was Weylyn’s Mary when Weylyn showed up and asked what he was doing there. Weylyn knew it was Mary and was keep a watch out over her but he not yet approached her. He wanted to make sure he would not hurt her again. Roarke was going to try and get Weylyn to approach her. The following day was her birthday. That is the day he should show up.

message 45: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Wed 30-May Book 6 - Ch 60 P 333 - 338 6

message 46: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Wed 30-May Book 6 - Ch 60 P 333 - 338 6"

Ch 60 – Weylyn describe himself as someone who wanted a job. But the universe had other plans. Mary had never called him the M-word and she had a big heart. He had search for her for 5 years, hard to find a Mary when you didn’t know the last name. He had never met her husband although he had seen him once. He want to make sure he was caring for her so enlisted his friends to help. The animals kept watch and reported by to him. The raccoon who watched via the fireplace, said the husband hadn’t been around in months and she was sad. He had lived 10 minutes from her for 9 months but was scared. She may not recognize him or worse, not want to see him. Finally, with Roarke help, he made his way to Mary’s house, the lawn and garden growing as he walk through them. Mary opened the door as if she had been expecting him. She noticed the animal watching her and the raccoon in the fireplace. She figured he had something to do with it. They wrapped each other in a hug.

message 47: by Trudy (new)

Today's Reading: Thur 31-May Ch 61 P 339 - 346 8

message 48: by Trudy (new)

Trudy wrote: "Today's Reading: Thur 31-May Ch 61 P 339 - 346 8"

Ch 61 – It had been 5 months since Weylyn showed up on Mary’s door step and Weylyn was itching for a new adventure. They decided somewhere warm, the desert. He knew she loved her house. She said they should go, not for good but until they see what they need to see. They packed up the car the next morning and headed west to the coast and then south to California. Once the hit PCH, they pulled off and went to the beach and watched the sun melt into the ocean.

Epilogue – 2028 – Roarke’s mother always told him, you get to take one big risk in your life, don’t waste it. When he was 21, he decided to hike to the top of Mt. Campbell (12,000 ft) with some college buddies. As he was camping at ~3000 feet, he remembered the spider-man and his stories. He didn’t know if it really happened of if he had made a lot of it up. He heard a wolf howl, not too close but not too far. He went out and saw fireflies and then saw two figures in the distance. Or maybe he didn’t.

message 49: by Trudy (new)

I really enjoyed the book - I am going to miss Weylyn and Mary and the rest of the characters. I liked how the epilogue left the future up in the air but gave a hint. Loved this book.