What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance Woman marries guy, turns out to be bad, escapes, meets a banker (hero). Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Mercier (annemercier) | 1 comments SPOILERS AHEAD
Searching for a friend. This is all she had for detailsI have no title. No cover. No author. But I have some major plot points. Heroine is married to a man who may be a mafia leader or somehow connected to the mafia. That is not important. This is not a mafia book. She thinks he's a good guy. Depends on him after her father's tragic death. He is there. They marry. She finds out he is NOT a nice guy. And that he even killed her father--not sure if she discovers this before or after her escape. She runs from him. Ends up in a small town with a lot of cash. Meets a charming, sexy banker--the hero of this story.
The Hero takes an interest in her which pisses off a woman in the small town. Maybe a jealous one night stand? Husband kidnaps her. Drags her back to their house. Rapes her. There are dogs. Like viscous ones protecting the house. Hero comes to her rescue with the help of some of the town's people. He grabs her from her room. They drive to a hotel. He tries to make love to her but she freezes up. Hero keeps his distance from her. Confused. Hurt. All that shit. They go back to the small town. Husband comes BACK. Breaks in her house. I think he starts to rape her again because somehow or another, the husband ends up dead on top of her. That's all I got. Please help me find this book!!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Anne, are you still looking for this or did you find it?