What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Andrew Henry's Meadow
This topic is about Andrew Henry's Meadow
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 70's or 80's Young children's book w/pics about a young boy who runs away to live in his homemade forts and little "town" he built in the woods in a grassy nook with a creek nearby after his parents refused to let him live there. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Temeritous | 20 comments Trying to remember the name of a wonderful children's book I read as a child back in the early 80's most likely. Book may have been written in the 70's or early 80's, Was for early to possibly mid grade-school kids (1st to 4th grade-- 5 to 8-year-olds, I would guess) . Was only about 15 pages long maybe, with lovely, detailed charcoal or pencil sketch pictures on each page about a young boy who built a little home/fort, and possibly more than one into a little village, from wood and sticks in a woodland area or meadow and wanted to live there. He thought it would be so easy, and fun, and simple. His parents said no, so he ran away and tried living there for a day or few and then decided, in the end, to live at home and just visit his woods fort. He may have had other friends live with him for the short time, too, I can't remember all of the details. I just loved the pictures on each page and the idea of living in the woods as a child.

Thank you in advance for any possible help. I wish I'd realized then how fondly I would think back on that book as I grew older and wish I remembered the name to revisit it.

Temeritous | 20 comments Oh my gosh, Rainbowheart, that's it! THANK YOU!!!! Big hugs to you! :D

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments You're welcome, glad to help out. :)