Play Book Tag discussion

The Heart's Invisible Furies
This topic is about The Heart's Invisible Furies
Archive: Other Books > The Heart's Invisible Furies -- 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments This has been reviewed here many times so I'm not going to get into what the story's about. I just want to say that overall I REALLY enjoyed this book. The many unlikely circumstances that other's have mentioned didn't bother me. I was easily able to suspend by disbelief.

But I was disappointed with the last quarter of the book. I think Anita worded it best in her review when she said "the ending of the book didn't quite seem to live up to the momentum of the beginning." YES. That is how I feel. I was SO involved in this story. I spent 450 pages of the book building up to some of these major life events or life-changing reunions/confrontations/moments and when we finally get there--major chunks of time are skipped over and then oh wait---kind of go back a little bit and explain--and then jump forward again. I'm like no wait---I really wanted that moment, the FULL MOMENT. And many of them were disappointing because of how the author lost the momentum that had been building. That is the only thing that kept this from being a 5 star read for me. Still so worth it though.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7875 comments I love seeing all of the positive reviews for this book!

I guess there was a pretty big jump toward the end, but I just loved how things didn't turn out in his life how he expected or maybe even though he wanted, but he was part of this unconventional family and surrounded by love.

I was sobbing so much through the final 1/4 of the book that I didn't even notice things missing! lol

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments Nicole R wrote: "things didn't turn out in his life how he expected or maybe even though he wanted, but he was part of this unconventional family and surrounded by love. ..."

Yes. I LOVE "unconventional families"! So heart-warming to me.

Anita Pomerantz | 7041 comments Tessa (FutureAuthor23) wrote: "This has been reviewed here many times so I'm not going to get into what the story's about. I just want to say that overall I REALLY enjoyed this book. The many unlikely circumstances that other's ..."

We definitely agree on this book! Sometimes the pleasure is more in the actual reading than in the resolution, and for me, that's how it was in this book. In other books, I find sometimes the reading isn't all that great, but the plot denouement is so good, I still find myself recommending the book left and right. Personally, I think I prefer the former case! For this book, I felt like it just missed a tiny bit from the masterpiece it might have been.