Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Ann's Readathon Residence - April 2018

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann A (last edited Apr 26, 2018 06:00PM) (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Can't wait to get started! Here's my stack:

Hamilton The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda Peaches for Father Francis (Chocolat, #3) by Joanne Harris Boys in the Trees A Memoir by Carly Simon Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan Exit West by Mohsin Hamid Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward We Live in Water by Jess Walter Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates Nemesis (Miss Marple #12) by Agatha Christie Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #10) by Carolyn Keene

I'm going to see 'Hamilton' next Friday, so am hoping to get a good chunk of that book read. Traditionally, I have an Agatha Christie and a Nancy Drew (for the wee hours). I also try to have some other kind of "focus" each readathon. This time around, I have included three books from The Tournament of Books.

I'll also be updating a bit on my blog (https://blogbysherryann.blogspot.com) and @readerann on litsy, although I am going to try to get a few more actual reading hours in this time!

Good luck, all. Hope you have a fabulous day/night of reading!

message 2: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Opening Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Utah
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Probably Hamilton: The Revolution
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Trying to only eat healthy snacks today, so maybe trail mix?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! This is my 14th time participating in Dewey's! I read EVERY day, even if it's only for 10 minutes.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I'm going to try to get more actual READING hours in this time. I think I say that every time :)

Going to start off with Sing, Unburied, Sing. Good luck, everyone!

message 3: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Hours 1 thru 4

Sing, Unburied, Sing - 81 pgs
Boys in the Trees: A Memoir - 31 pgs (audio)

Running total, hours: 2 hr 30 min (1 hr audio)
Running total, pages: 112

Hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far!

message 4: by Devon (new)

Devon (archivist_fox) | 80 comments I really liked Sing, Unburied, Sing! Keep it up!!!

message 5: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Devon wrote: "I really liked Sing, Unburied, Sing! Keep it up!!!"

Yes, I'm really enjoying it!

message 6: by Ann A (last edited Apr 28, 2018 01:15PM) (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Hours 5 thru 8

Sing, Unburied Sing - 119 pgs
Boys in the Trees - 10 pgs (audio)

Running total, hours - 4 hr 51 min ( 1 hr 21 min audio)
Running total, pages - 241

A family issue has come up, so I probably will not be updating again until later this evening.

message 7: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Hours 9 thru 16

I just had to spend several hours at the emergency room with a family member, so needless to say, my Readathon has not gone as planned. Even though I am exhausted, I hope to spend at least a few more hours reading because I need to relax and reading is a great escape, as you all know.

Since last update:

Boys in the Trees - 27 pgs (audio)
Nemesis - 10 pages (Kindle)

Running total, hours - 6 hr 14 min (2 hr 24 min audio)
Running total, pages - 277

Sorry I won't get to visit more of you. Hope you have all had a fabulous time!

message 8: by Ann A (last edited Apr 29, 2018 06:20AM) (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 576 comments Hours 17 thru 24

I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. and finished a book!

Since last update:

Sing, Unburied, Sing - 85 pgs (finished)
Boys in the Trees - 18 pgs (audio)

Final total, hours - 8 hr 33 min (5 hr 39 min reading, 2 hr 54 min audio)
Final total, pages - 380

Given what a crazy day it turned out to be, I'm not too disappointed with my results. Hope to participate more fully in October.