What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Great Brain (Great Brain, #1)
This topic is about The Great Brain
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's American West Historical Fiction Book [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (last edited Apr 26, 2018 04:24PM) (new)

Jim H | 2 comments Looking for the title of a book one of my teacher's read us in grade school in the early 1970s. It was set in the American West (sometime in the late 1800s I believe) and I recall there was a lot of discussion regarding the conflicts that existed at the time between Protestants and Catholics. I also recall when one of the children got sick his mother had him breathe on his siblings in bed so they all got sick at once. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Adele | 1226 comments This sounds like The Great Brain by John D. Fitzgerald. If you search "great brain measles" on google books the part where the two younger brothers get in bed with the older brother so they all get sick at once pops right up. The books are set in Utah and there is some discussion of how Protestants and Catholics are in the minority and the issues this causes.

message 3: by Jim (last edited Apr 26, 2018 04:36PM) (new)

Jim H | 2 comments Yes! Thank you so much. Had actually looked at books by F. Scott Fitzgerald mistakenly.

Adele | 1226 comments You're very welcome. :-)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Great Brain (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John D. Fitzgerald (other topics)