Blue Lake Academy discussion

Outside Campus > Pastasciutta

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Pizza and pasta, of course, but this elegant Italian restaurant has so much more! Buon Appetito!

message 2: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli took in a deep breath as he entered the Italian place. It had been a while since he had gone on anything resembling a date. Deiana had done a number to him when she left without a word. But he had her talking to him again, so that was a start. Maybe she could explain everything. He was dressed in dark slacks and a light gray button-down shirt. Eli did not bring a tie because, though he wanted to look fancy, he wanted to be approachable. Otherwise, she might not talk.

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments Deiana met Eli at Pastaciutta, wearing a simple black dress. It was sleek and fit her just right, stopping just above the knees. Her heels were a little shorter than usual, not wanting to tower over him, even though they'd be sitting.
"Hi." She greeted him simply, ending with a smile.
They let the waitress lead them to the table and took their seats. At first Deiana busied herself with her menu, but then she glanced up at Eli while keeping up the pretense browsing through the menu.
He seemed different. More genuine, somehow. Or maybe she was just seeing qualities in him that she hoped he had. Qualities that might make her rethink absolutely everything.

message 4: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli smiled back at Deiana. For some reason, he felt extremely nervous. He hated dated her for a long time and everything had always been natural, but in that moment it felt stifled.

"You look beautiful as ever," he remarked. He then regretted saying that. He didn't want her thinking he missed her only for her looks. "As smart as ever, too." He added it in, knowing it felt out of place.

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "Thank you." Her smile grew slightly and she tapped her nails against the table. It was weird having to catch up. With everyone else she simply started where she left off, but she supposed her relationship with Eli was more complex than that. "What have you been up to? Since I left." She leaned forward and rested her chin on her palm.

message 6: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli paused. That was a question he hadn't considered she would ask. 'Oh, you know, just fooling around with random people I don't really care about,' he thought bitterly to himself.

"I've tried to refocus on my business studies," he said, "and I played basketball pretty well."

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((In case anyone was wondering, Pastasciutta is the full name of pasta.))

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments Deiana nodded. "Do you know what you want to do once you graduate?" Be a dad certainly wasn't on the list. Still, within her mind she struggled with the idea of telling him. "Not that you have to have everything all figured out right now."

((Huh. All my life I thought pasta was just pasta 😆))

message 9: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli nodded, but inside he felt someone disparaged. Did she think he lacked direction? He'd given everything to go to Blue Lake. He, of all people, had to have plan.

"I plan to go into the tech business," he explained. "I invested the money I earned at the beach shack into a start-up in the Valley and if I get the returns I expect, I'll have enough to buy a decent share of a bigger start-up."

More than anything else, he wanted her to know he wasn't just some poor kid tossed around the foster system, anymore.

message 10: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "Look at you," she grinned, "I always thought you were destined to do great things, my friend." Her smile faded slightly, and grew shaky, as her old fears came flooding back. Fears that she might hinder him somehow. Her family's reputation wasn't what it used to be, what with her dad being in prison, and well it was only a matter of time before people found out about Evelyn. She knew she was overthinking, but what if she did hold him back from being successful? She would never be able to forgive herself.

message 11: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli nodded, but grimaced at the use of "my friend." He knew that that was all they were. That she didn't love him the way she used to. Otherwise, why would she leave him?

"Any idea what you want to do?" he asked, though he felt somewhat detached.

message 12: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "I'll be glad if I just graduate." She chuckled dryly, "Kidding. I've decided I want to be a forensic botanist. It sounds fascinating to me." It was a recent dream of hers, but she wasn't sure if she'd be able to do it. Not if she decided to raise Evelyn after high school.

message 13: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments ((I'll try to reply more promptly.))

Eli chuckled a bit. "I have no idea what that is, but if you want to do it, it's well within your reach," he said. "You can do anything."

At that time, the waitress arrived at the table asking for their order.

"I'll take whatever the lady's having," Eli remarked.

message 14: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "In that case, we can share a pizza." She looked at the waitress. "Mediterranean pizza with extra feta, and go easy on the sauce."
She turned back to Eli, "I know I can do anything." She said it almost defensively. "I'll be studying plants for criminal investigations, and in my free time I'll save the Earth's environment." She shrugged. "No big deal."

message 15: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli laughed out loud. "I don't doubt it." He smiled at the waitress as she walked away. He felt an odd connection to his fellow food services employees. He then turned back to Deiana. "You were always very talented." He tried throwing in a casual wink, but he had never been a good winker.

message 16: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "Thanks... Is that flirtation I detect?" She leaned back and eyed him, halfway hoping he'd be flustered, but she didn't think he was easily caught off guard. She wasn't certain how she'd feel about it if he was flirting. She wasn't sure it was even possible for her to speak to him without some form of flirtation on her part. She was either dreadfully cold or especially warm. There was no in between for her. Perhaps that's why she didn't feel fully comfortable around him. Baby or no baby, could they ever be just friends or would there always be more between them?

message 17: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments "It is what you make of it," he said in jest, but just like every time she'd spoken before, Deiana seemed burdened by something. He tried flashing another kind smile, showing her that he wasn't the bad guy. "So...where did you go last year?" He knew he was opening a can of words, but he had been dying to know. "Was it a vacation? Perhaps a year abroad?"

message 18: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "Where does everyone from school think I went?" She was aware of how obvious it was that she was stalling. Delaying the inevitable. "The adventure of a lifetime, perhaps? I'd love to hear all of the fun theories they've come up with. I hope they talked about me for a good, long while; I don't like being forgotten."

message 19: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli tilted his head to the side, a bit confused, but he obliged. "Some know-it-all girl informed us of your miraculous recovery from your hard fought battle with diabetes," Eli said, "but of course, people figured out it must of been juicier than that. Turns out you were on house arrest for smuggling drugs across the border." He tried laughing it off, but he genuinely wanted to know. He took a sip from his water and shook his head.

message 20: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "Ha!" Mirthless laughter escaped her lips, "Creative. Yes, let's stick with that theory. I'm a criminal, just like my dad." She knew she was being difficult, but it came easier to her than simply being forthright. Eli was being so patient, she almost felt bad for the way she avoided answering his question.

message 21: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli nodded, knowing that he'd somehow touched on a rough subject. "Look, Dei, you left me all alone here," Eli confessed, a little embarrassed. "I've never really had that many friends, much less someone like you who truly cared about me. And I don't even get to know why you left?"

message 22: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments Deiana let out a shallow breath and stared blankly at her glass of water. What could she say? He did have a right to know, but how would she break it to him? What if he was angry at her for keeping it from him?
"I... you..." she couldn't make eye contact with him as she searched for the right words to say, "We have a daughter." She rushed on, as the words flowed out of her, "I was living with my aunt to hide that I was," her eyes finally met his, "pregnant."

message 23: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli froze. He heard her words, but for some reason they didn't register. A daughter. Their daughter. "When were you planning to tel me this?" he asked, trying to avoid the gravity of what she had said. "If you hadn't run into me, would I have ever known?"

message 24: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments Not if she could help it. "Yes!" She lied, "My mom didn't want me to go through with the pregnancy, which is why I initially kept it from you." She took a second to breathe in and then lowered her voice, "When I made up my mind to go through with it, my mom convinced me to keep it a secret. At the time I was sure it was in everyone's best interest." Now she wasn't so sure. She let her mom manipulate her one too many times. "Her name's Evelyn," she added in an unusually small voice, "in case you were wondering."

message 25: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli rolled his eyes. Evelyn was a pretty name. He liked it a lot. "As if that matters, now," he said, grumbling. He inhaled a sharp breath. "I'm a teen father, just like my dad. How am I supposed to look my little brother in the eye?"

message 26: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "I knew it." She scoffed, "This is why I didn't want to tell you. You can't handle it, can you?" She winced inwardly, knowing she sounded harsh. Maybe he just had to process the information first.
She was wishing at that very moment that she could rewind and make up some well thought out story about why she left and leave it at that. She couldn't believe that for a split second she actually thought he might take it well. Of course he was angry. Of course.

message 27: by Santi (last edited May 01, 2018 02:53PM) (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments He shook his head in disbelief. When had Deiana become so spiteful? What she had just said had changed everything. "No, I can't handle it," Eli admitted. "I don't even know how it's possible. But I'm going to meet her."

message 28: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments The waitress came with the pizza, but Deiana hardly noticed her coming and going; her gaze was fixed on Eli now. She wanted to know exactly what he was thinking. If he regretted talking to her tonight, or ever knowing her. If he would want to be a permanent part of Evelyn's life. "Of course, I can't deny you that right."

message 29: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli watched as the pizza was set down on the table in front of him. It was his favorite. But he wasn't hungry. "When?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

message 30: by Princess Emilia (last edited May 01, 2018 03:17PM) (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "I-" she stammered, "I don't know, tomorrow? That's usually when I see her." She couldn't believe this was happening. But it was what she'd secretly been wanting all along-- the three of them together. Although she'd certainly prefer it if Eli didn't seem so mad at her. "I was planning on taking her to the beach. You can meet us there."

message 31: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli shrugged before nodding. "What if we run into someone, Dei?" Eli asked, shaking his head a bit. "Never mind. That was a dumb things to say." In the back of his mind, the thought wondered. How would his friends react to him being a teen dad. If he ever wanted to date again, would he have to eventually say, 'Guess what? I've got a kid.'

message 32: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments She was about to snap at him again, but held back. She couldn't judge him for that question. Not when she was concerned about the same thing; then she'd be a hypocrite.
"I actually go to one of the less popular beaches." She shrugged. "It's further away, but I've never run into anyone we know there."

message 33: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments Eli nodded again. "I'd love to go," he said, but he questioned if that was true. He wasn't dying to meet the child he had not even know about. In fact the initial shock was still striking a chord with him. "I don't...I don't think I can stay much longer."

message 34: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 319 comments "But we haven't even touched our food." She chuckled-- a harsh, nervous sound. "Whatever. Never mind." She replied abruptly then gestured the waitress over as she passed and asked for take out boxes. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then."

((You wanna head over to the beach?))

message 35: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 93 comments ((sure - I'll start tomorrow))

message 36: by CallmeTony (new)

CallmeTony | 991 comments Sebastian walked in hand and hand with Colt, leaning into his side and smiling brightly.
"Table for two." He said to the hostess kindly. He could smell the Italian cooking from the kitchen. It smelled similar to what Tobio could make.

message 37: by Bennett (last edited Aug 26, 2018 10:38AM) (new)

Bennett | 763 comments The hostess sat then at a two person booth in the middle of the resturant. When she gave Colt the menu and left, he went through it and said, "babe that did you want im thinking about either the spaghetti with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top or the small Pizza al taglio, Margherita styled".

message 38: by CallmeTony (new)

CallmeTony | 991 comments "Fun fact about Pizza al Taglio. Originating in Rome, it's also called Pizza Al Trancio and it's paid for by weight. Don't ask why I know that." He said skimming the menu. He honestly wasn't sure why he knew that. "Maybe the tortellini. Tortellini I said always good." He said.

message 39: by Bennett (new)

Bennett | 763 comments ((Let me guess Wikipedia like i did))

"Well that is interestering and the Tortellini sounds great", Colt said puting down the menu to gaze into Sebastian's eyes

message 40: by CallmeTony (new)

CallmeTony | 991 comments ((Actually no. That's just a really random thing I know. I'm pretty sure it's because my great grandmother was VERY Italian.))

"Yeah. It says they serve it family style too so if you want we could get all three and just take the rest back to the dorm for us to eat later." He said setting his menu aside. He rested his head in is hands to look at Colt.

message 41: by Bennett (new)

Bennett | 763 comments "Sure babe cause i love reheated pizza and spaghetti after a long practice", Colt said.

message 42: by CallmeTony (last edited Sep 02, 2018 05:51AM) (new)

CallmeTony | 991 comments "Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell." Sebastian said. He crinckled his nose to move his glasses up a bit but they just slid back down so he pushed them up with his pointer finger instead.

message 43: by Bennett (new)

Bennett | 763 comments "Actually im not. Dad usually brought a few extra pizzas to take home if we went out to eat at the local pizza hut. And the local diner had huge plates of spaghetti. The plates of spahetti, you could nibble on for two days", Colt said.

message 44: by CallmeTony (new)

CallmeTony | 991 comments "Alright. Well then when the waiter or waitress comes over we'll get all three. What about dessert? Besides you. You're sweet and you're definitely a snack and all but they have a bunch of really authentic Italian desserts here too." He replied.

message 45: by Bennett (new)

Bennett | 763 comments "No to the dessert. I have to gain more muscle to impress the scouts with how much i am focused in making my body stronger and faster. And as for that commett of you saying im a snack. If you were a thing of protein powder each scoop would be special", Colt said. He hoped Sebastian would understand if he spent time in way more intense workout sessions and practices during this football season.

message 46: by CallmeTony (last edited Sep 06, 2018 01:57PM) (new)

CallmeTony | 991 comments "Awww Colt. That's so sweet. Alright no dessert. You're right. Impressing the scouts is important but don't push yourself too hard. I don't want you getting hurt." He said smiling brightly. The waitress can easily over just then and gen ordered their three entrees, family style. She gave them a strange look a time first but must have realized they were taking some to to before she said "Alrighty then. I'll get those ready for you." And disappeared.

message 47: by Bennett (new)

Bennett | 763 comments "Wasnt it you who said if i get injured duri,g a game, you were going to come on the field and drag me off of it a few days ago", Colt said He knew Sebastian cared about but he also wanted to play college football and advance into either the CFL or NFL.

"You know in Texas you would be considered a bad boyfriend for not helping me to push myself to my limit for football", he teased

message 48: by CallmeTony (new)

CallmeTony | 991 comments "Hmm. Yeah I did say that. And I'll do it too. As for Texan considerations, I want you to play your best. But don't hurt yourself." Sebastian aid the twirling a fork between his fingers.

message 49: by Bennett (new)

Bennett | 763 comments "I know babe you want what's best for me. I just hope i can be recruited by a college that is close by since im a year ahead of you and i dont think i could handle not seeing you for a solid year in person. You and football are the most important things in my life, Colt said

message 50: by CallmeTony (new)

CallmeTony | 991 comments "Colt, hunny bunches, I don't switch high schools to be near you okay? Do you realize that? I would rather spend my senior year completely disoriented in a new high school than leave you for a year." Sebastian said taking one of Colt's hands from across the the table and interlacing their fingers.
"BecauseI love you." He said.

« previous 1 3