Whisper Whisper discussion

BR Simone, Anne and Christelle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 815 (815 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by Christelle (last edited Apr 26, 2018 02:54PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Christelle Oh dear, it seems that this book got longer during its release !!

OK, partners in crime, let's tackle this one...we can do it :-)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost From over 400 pages to over 900 pages?

Oh, that's nothing.

Okay, it's definitely something.

But we got this!

"See you" ladies tomorrow!

message 3: by Simone - on indefinite hiatus - (last edited Apr 26, 2018 11:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT? *dead*

951 pages? How is it even possible, when it has less KB than Hush which had 640 pages or so????

Thanks for the link, Christelle, and yes I can be ready at 6.30 p.m., maybe a few minutes earlier, but I still have to digest the shock. LOL.

See you later, girls! <3

Christelle Shhuttt Anne **whispering** I didn't want to mention the page count just in case Simone didn't notice.
Even I got scared :-(

But yeah, we can do it !!!

Christelle Simone wrote: "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT? *dead*

951 pages? How is it even possible, when it has less KB than Hush which had 640 pages or so????

Thanks for the link, Christelle, and yes I..."

Hello, Simone,
hmmm...so, you did notice ?!?
Yes, that count seems a bit weird, ô_ô

We will see.
See you at 6.30 then. Meanwhile, have a great day, <3

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Hey my lovelies!

I hope you had a nice day/morning so far?!

I already told Anne, when I downloaded the book to my Kindle it said 13 hours reading time and almost 10600 Kindle locations. So it seems to be true. Oh my! When they say 3 hours of reading time I mostly need 3 days, so I'm curious how long it will takes us to finish it. ;-)

Let me grab my coffee and I'm ready to go whenever you are. :)

Christelle Simone wrote: "Hey my lovelies!

I already told Anne, when I downloaded the book to my Kindle it said 13 hours reading time and almost 10600 Kindle locations. So it se..."

Do you think that the initial info about page count and KB was a designed plot to lure us reading this despite the length ?!? Because, for once, I agree with you, it's massive.
It reminds me The Pillars of the Earth.
For sure, it's going to take me a little bit more than a week-end !!

I'm there and also ready whenever you are :-)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Hi friends!

Hope your days are going well! It has warmed up a bit, and I’m trying to appreciate it and not fixate on the fact that it is going to cool down again tomorrow 😔

I’m ready to start if you ladies are!

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Hey my lovelies!

I already told Anne, when I downloaded the book to my Kindle it said 13 hours reading time and almost 10600 Kindle loca..."

Yeah, I just compared it with the Holy Bible... *facepalm* I have no idea how it's possible to squeeze so many words into less KB, but well miracles happen... LOL
I'll start reading then, since you and Anne will leave me eating your dust anyway. LOL.

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Hi friends!

Hope your days are going well! It has warmed up a bit, and I’m trying to appreciate it and not fixate on the fact that it is going to cool down again tomorrow 😔

I’m ready to start if ..."

Hey Anne! I'm so ready! LOL

Christelle Hello Anne,
Have faith, I'm sure that you went though the worst of winter, by now :-)

OK, now, let's be serious : we have a mountain to climb, LOL. Let's start (gosh, I'm already sweating !!!)

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Of course I forgot to read the scenes in Hush with Kris in it again. *sigh* I hope I do remember everything...

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Christelle wrote: "Hello Anne,
Have faith, I'm sure that you went though the worst of winter, by now :-)

OK, now, let's be serious : we have a mountain to climb, LOL. Let's start (gosh, I'm already sweating !!!)"

Hahaha, other than my cold feet, me too. ;-)

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - God, I remember that day as if it had been yesterday... :( I even know what I was doing when I heard the news.

Christelle Simone wrote: "God, I remember that day as if it had been yesterday... :( I even know what I was doing when I heard the news."

Unfortunately, I do too

message 16: by Simone - on indefinite hiatus - (last edited Apr 27, 2018 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "God, I remember that day as if it had been yesterday... :( I even know what I was doing when I heard the news."

Unfortunately, I do too"

:( Yeah, it was very emotional for me when I stood at Ground Zero two years ago and I'm already choking up here.

Anne Boleyn's Ghost I was in choir class. But the full horror of what happened wasn’t apparent at the time. I learned more as the day went on. Some teachers turned radios on. Some tried to shelter us, which I part understand and part resent.

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "I was in choir class. But the full horror wasn’t apparent at the time. Some teachers turned radios on. Others tried to shelter us, which I half understand and half resent."

I was at work when the wife of my boss came down and told us about it and I still remember sitting shocked at my desk. And on my way to fetch furniture for my new apartment I heard that the towers fell. :(

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Somehow everytime I hear 'Dari' or 'Farsi' I'm thinking of Ty from Cut & Run. ;-)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost I'm sad now. But it's necessary, I think, not to become desensitized.

I feel like I've been reading a long time and I'm still only at 2%.

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Simone wrote: "Somehow everytime I hear 'Dari' or 'Farsi' I'm thinking of Ty from Cut & Run. ;-)"

Ty! That brings a smile to my face! Although I still haven't finished that series...

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "I'm sad now. But it's necessary, I think, not to become desensitized.

Also, I feel like I've been reading a long time and I'm still only at 2%."

Yeah, me too. :( It's still hard to read or hear about it.
LOL. I just thought the same... And is it possible that there are no chapters? At least in the index there are none which makes it difficult to keep track of each other.

Christelle Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "I'm sad now. But it's necessary, I think, not to become desensitized.

I feel like I've been reading a long time and I'm still only at 2%."

It's better never being desensitized !!! We get used to it, but it doesn't mean it's not awful.

I'm starting chapter 2 (3%) and I now have a reading time of 18hours, ohohoh !

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Simone wrote: "Somehow everytime I hear 'Dari' or 'Farsi' I'm thinking of Ty from Cut & Run. ;-)"

Ty! That brings a smile to my face! Although I still haven't finished that series..."

*gasps in horror* You haven't???? What are you waiting for?????? LOL

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Christelle wrote: "Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "I'm sad now. But it's necessary, I think, not to become desensitized.

It's better never being des..."

I'm still at 2%, but good to know that there are chapters! LOL. 18 hours? Make that 5 days. At least. LOL

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Simone wrote: "LOL. I just thought the same... And is it possible that there are no chapters? At least in the index there are none which makes it difficult to keep track of each other.."

I didn't notice any in the index, and I just tried to skim through the book to figure it out..and I saw something that made me very nervous. Not related to the suspense but the romance. Ughhhh

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Christelle wrote: "Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "I'm sad now. But it's necessary, I think, not to become desensitized.

It's better never being des..."

Normally I read fast if I enjoy the author - and I definitely enjoy Tal - but 18 hours is intimidating...

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Simone wrote: "*gasps in horror* You haven't???? What are you waiting for?????? LOL"

I will be honest since I know you won't judge me...much 😜

I was NOT enjoying book eight. I thought that the plot was all over the place, and the writing quality was not up to par. Ty and Zane also didn't seem very Ty and Zane-like.

I 100% plan to finish it, but I had to take a break.

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Simone wrote: "*gasps in horror* You haven't???? What are you waiting for?????? LOL"

I will be honest since I know you won't judge me...much 😜

I was NOT enjoying book eight. I thought that the pl..."

You are right, it was different, but I still loved it. Of course I won't judge you!!!! LOL.
I read this series (well at least the first books) 5 times or so. ;-) And that won't be the end of it. LOL

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Simone wrote: "LOL. I just thought the same... And is it possible that there are no chapters? At least in the index there are none which makes it difficult to keep track of each other.."

I didn't ..."

Something bad? Ugh, don't tell me, I don't want to know... :(

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Christelle, don't read too fast okay? LOL. I don't have time to catch up with you tomorrow... LOL

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Simone wrote: "You are right, it was different, but I still loved it. Of course I won't judge you!!!! LOL.
I read this series (well at least the first books) 5 times or so. ;-) And that won't be the end of it. LOL.."

I think that I just wasn't in the right frame of mind. But I will get there eventually!

Off-topic, but do you know if Roux is still actively writing? It doesn't appear that she has put anything out for a few years...

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Simone wrote: "You are right, it was different, but I still loved it. Of course I won't judge you!!!! LOL.
I read this series (well at least the first books) 5 times or so. ;-) And that won't be t..."

No, I met her last year at EuroPrideCon, and she said that she got writer's block, so I don't think we will get another Sidewinder book in the near future. Although I know that she started with Owen's book a while back... :(

message 34: by Anne Boleyn's Ghost (last edited Apr 27, 2018 10:33AM) (new)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Simone wrote: "Something bad? Ugh, don't tell me, I don't want to know..."

Simone, I don't know if you would find it that bad. It is hard for me to even know without reading more and spoiling myself and I don't want to do that. But in case you change your mind: I got the impression that there may be a (view spoiler)

Christelle Simone wrote: "Christelle, don't read too fast okay? LOL. I don't have time to catch up with you tomorrow... LOL"

LMAO : then, thanks my family who interrupted me. I've just been called as a huge drama is happening and I've been tasked to clear the mess. And when I say drama, I mean "Dramalala", "eye-rolling" drama :-)
So, I'm only starting chapter 2, again :-)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Simone wrote: "Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Simone wrote: "You are right, it was different, but I still loved it. Of course I won't judge you!!!! LOL.
I read this series (well at least the first books) 5 times or..."

Oh really? I didn't realize that she writes m/f. At least I'm presuming Owen's would be m/f because he was presented as straight?

I would definitely give it a shot, though, if she ever gets "unblocked"...

Christelle Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Simone wrote: "Something bad? Ugh, don't tell me, I don't want to know..."

Simone, I don't know if you would find it that bad. It is hard for me to even know without reading more and spoiling myse..."

See, I haven't read the passage you mentioned : like that, no fear and an open mind :-) But tbh, I've not seen anything about that in the reviews so far !!

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Simone wrote: "Something bad? Ugh, don't tell me, I don't want to know..."

Simone, I don't know if you would find it that bad. It is hard for me to even know without reading more and spoiling myse..."

Well. as far as I know (view spoiler) I haven't read any reviews, though, so I can't say.

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Christelle, don't read too fast okay? LOL. I don't have time to catch up with you tomorrow... LOL"

LMAO : then, thanks my family who interrupted me. I've just been called as a huge ..."

LOL. My heartfelt thanks to your family, then, despite the drama. I hope it wasn't too bad. I'm still not even there at chapter 2. *sigh*

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Wow! Seems like Tal did his homework again... I didn't know about the assassination the day before 9/11 and the reason why the Taliban supported Bin Laden. Of course I don't know if that's true, but Tal is usually pretty accurate about facts.

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Finally starting chapter 2 now. :)

message 42: by Anne Boleyn's Ghost (last edited Apr 27, 2018 10:44AM) (new)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Do either of you know that the HEA will definitely(view spoiler)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Christelle, don't read too fast okay? LOL. I don't have time to catch up with you tomorrow... LOL"

LMAO : then, thanks my family who interrupted me. I've just been called as a huge ..."

LOL. Do we have the same families? Glad it's nothing too serious, though!

Christelle Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Do either of you know that the HEA will definitelybe Kris and David? I only looked at like two reviews and they didn't mention it.

I do understand why Kris would move on, thinking that David was d..."

No idea, tbh. Sorry :-(

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Do either of you know that the HEA will definitelybe Kris and David? I only looked at like two reviews and they didn't mention it.

I do understand why Kris would move on, but I don't want to get i..."

Okay, just for you I skipped to the ending. I just skimmed it, but yes (view spoiler)

Christelle Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "LOL. Do we have the same families? Glad it's nothing too serious, though!."

Maybe ? LMAO. I love my family to death and glad that nothing bad happens so that they have to resort to huge drama to have something to talk and fret about ;-) It's tiring, but fun as well !!

Christelle Simone wrote: "Okay, just for you I skipped to the ending. I just skimmed it, but yes (view spoiler) "

Damnit : I have to dig deep in my willpower not to read your spoiler, Simone, LOL !!!

Anne Boleyn's Ghost Simone wrote: "Okay, just for you I skipped to the ending. I just skimmed it, but yes (view spoiler)"

Aw. You're the best. I appreciate your indulging my vanilla craziness (which is an oxymoron, but that's me) when it comes to romance...

I will read books that don't have happy endings, but I have to be fully prepared to view them in the "not a romance" category, you know?

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, just for you I skipped to the ending. I just skimmed it, but yes (view spoiler) "

Damnit : I have to dig deep in my willpower not to read your spoiler, Simone, LOL !!!"

LOL. It's up to you. ;-)

Simone - on indefinite hiatus  - Anne Boleyn's Ghost wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, just for you I skipped to the ending. I just skimmed it, but yes (view spoiler)"

Aw. You're the best. I appreciate your indulging my vanilla craziness (which is an oxymoron, b..."

Yeah, I get you. :) I'm not a fan of non-HEA/HFN and pretty much avoid them, but sometimes it's still an ending I can live with. You are welcome. LOL. At least it's (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17