Collegedale Public Library discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Green Hicks | 498 comments Mod
May's book selection is an Oprah book club book from the past or the present.

http://www.oprah.com/book/oprahs-book...

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Green Hicks | 498 comments Mod
I am going to read Night by Elie Wiesel. This book has been on my TBR list for awhile.

message 3: by Brooke Marsh (new)

Brooke Marsh | 40 comments I'm thinking either Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail or Daughter of Fortune.

I noticed there are Bill Cosby books on there. Hmmm... I wonder how his past works will be considered after his guilty verdict.

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Johnson | 113 comments I’m going to do Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle. I own it & can count it on my Unread Shelf Project. I’ve read most of Oprah’s earlier Bookclub picks.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Wilson (cletusvandamme) | 178 comments Mod
I read An American Marriage for May. I liked the different perspectives presented when an innocent black man is railroaded for a crime he didn't commit, and the author presents the husband and wife as equally empathetic characters, but the wife did something about halfway through the book that really made me think less of her. Although maybe we were supposed to see the flaws in each character and how unfortunate situations can bring out the worst in people. Doesn't bring down the book's quality, however.

message 6: by Brooke Marsh (new)

Brooke Marsh | 40 comments I’ve just now started my May read - Wild by Cheryl Strayed. It’s interesting so far.

message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Johnson | 113 comments Finished mine today. Lots of highlights. Good book.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Kreps | 250 comments I changed my may book from daughter of fortune to night. While i had wanted to do a new book, i just wasn't making sufficient progress in the former. Night was finished quickly, and very good. (I had read it before for middle school, many years ago, and only remembered that i liked it.) I will still finish daughter of fortune, but not until later in June.

message 9: by Malissa (new)

Malissa (libraryblondie) | 110 comments Bit slow here. Just finished The Road a few days late. But I loved it! Much more readable than I expected and a bit less baby eating than reported. I do love me some end of the world 🤣