YA Book Addicts discussion

Discussions & Debates > Percy Jackson And The Olympians Vs Heroes Of Olympus

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I would say Percy Jackson because it's just classic and there is more Percy and Percabeth which I love so much!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes I like Percy Jackson better too but I can't wait for blood of Olympus. The Percy Jackson will be done forever:(

message 3: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
I prefer Percy Jackson because I'm not a huge Jason and all of them fan. But I still love Leo, and the new books have just as many intense plot twists :D

And yeah Percabeth is the best :)

message 4: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Percy Jackson and the Olympians is so much better. Heroes is good, but whenever I read it, I miss Percy's narration. It just isn't the same.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope BoO is Percy's veiw

message 6: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments +wistfully+ Don't we all.

message 7: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
I bet it will be a bit from all of them

message 8: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments It probably will, unfortunately. I'm pretty done with Jason and Piper especially.

message 9: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Haha definitely Piper

message 10: by Alba (new)

Alba Arango | 14 comments Percy Jackson, definitely. Although, I too am looking forward to BoO. Wonder if they'll make Heroes into movies, too.

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments That would be a long franchise! But maybe someone better will pick it up and kinda remake of with heroes of Olympus. only we already have Logan Lerman as Percy in our heads, so if we see different people it might take a while to get used to. Like if they did a remake of Harry Potter.

message 12: by Alba (new)

Alba Arango | 14 comments The best would be to wait until all the Heroes books are completed and then start the movies with a whole new cast. I'd love to see what they'd do.

message 13: by Jordy (new)

Jordy | 49 comments I'm so excited for Blood of Olympus but I do prefer Percy Jackson. Also I have a theory about the P.O.V's in BoO.

Like in TFIOS, it was in Hazel's P.O.V and Augustus died.... So I'm hoping its in Percy AND Annabeths point of view so they don't die!! D:

message 14: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Oh God if they kill Percy and Annabeth then all I can say poor Uncle Rick, rest his soul. He will get so much hate, it'll be like a huge government scandal in the literary works. But he knows his stuff, and I'm sure that he knows that too. Plus it has a bunch of kid readers, so we have a guaranteed happy ending. Which kind of sucks because they have to keep it appropriate for fourth graders. D: Also I think it might add to the story if they kill off one of the non-Percabeth seven.

message 15: by Jordy (new)

Jordy | 49 comments Maya wrote: "Oh God if they kill Percy and Annabeth then all I can say poor Uncle Rick, rest his soul. He will get so much hate, it'll be like a huge government scandal in the literary works. But he knows his s..."

Like there is so much inappropriate stuff in the fandom, I forget its for children xD But yeah, you never know though....

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

It won't happen with little ears

message 17: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Jordy: Haha, me too! I kind of trick my mind in to thinking it's totally YA, even though little kids read it.