Writing Historical Fiction discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Smith (cheval73) | 5 comments These photos may be useful for those writing about the Korean War , my next book effort.

The Korean War in Pictures
THE NEW YORK TIMES
APRIL 25, 2018

message 2: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) | 6 comments Are you talking about a Fictional war between the two countries or the Historical Imperialist war against both?

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark Smith (cheval73) | 5 comments Hmmm - good question, Ruby. Wearing ideological lenses (i.e., worldwide Communism vs Democracy) I don't think America understood what the conflict between north and south Korean was really about. I try to write from the POV of two protagonists - one will be an American Army veteran of WWII (from my first book Enemy in the Mirror: Love and Fury in the Pacific War), the other a North Korean Army doctor who had been in the resistance against imperial Japan. Are you writing about Korea, Ruby?

message 4: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Emam (goodreadscomruby_emam) | 6 comments No, I am not writing about the Koras. I have translated two children's stories from a progressive Iranian writer into English. Both stories are based on actual events and fascinating.

24 Hours Between Dream & Reality &
The Little Black Fish (although many translations of this one exist, but most do not seem to have any clue as to who the Little Black Fish was).

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Smith (cheval73) | 5 comments Good luck, Ruby