Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riley (new)

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This is the thread to discuss pages 1-57 of History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera. Please keep discussion to this section of the book.

If you have not read this section yet, beware of spoilers in this thread!

message 2: by Kira (new)

Kira (shelfloving) | 19 comments The last sentence on the first page gutted me. I cannot wait for the emotional ride that is being promised just in the first few paragraphs.

I loved how supportive and amazing all the relationships are. I am not sure how realistic it is but it was nice to read and I would hope that I would be the same way for any of my friends or possibly children.

The friendship with Wade seems so real. I can totally imagine this as being a real friend group and I love that while he is supportive of his friends he is worried about being the odd man out in the group.

message 3: by Riley (new)

Just finished this section and I can already tell this is going to be EMOSH. I'm really loving the duel timelines and I'm interested to see how they come together. I'm also really curious to read more about Theo and Jackson's relationship as the story goes on!

Also, I love Griffin's dad's reaction to them coming out. "No more sleepovers but I'm happy for you both." A mix of stern and supportive parenting haha.

message 4: by Riley (new)

Kira wrote: "The last sentence on the first page gutted me. I cannot wait for the emotional ride that is being promised just in the first few paragraphs.

I loved how supportive and amazing all the relationship..."

I agree about the trio of friends! I'm a little nervous about how things will end for them, I'm sure it's going to be absolutely devastating. We can already see Wade getting unintentionally pushed out of the group.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
I am re-reading tgis for the first time. I'm interested to see if I get the same emotional responses as I read along with you all. I will keep you updated 🤓

message 6: by Belle (new)

Belle Lumiere (bellelumiere) | 25 comments Mod
I'm completely hooked by this book already, and I feel like we're on the road to heartbreak.

I feel like we've had a decent amount of character development so far because I feel like the characters are well fleshed out and they feel "real" to me already. I can't wait to learn more about them, and see how their relationships develop.

I don't know if it's just because I've read so many thrillers lately, but I feel like there is an undercurrent of something a bit off with Wade - some major reason why his friendship with Theo fell apart, and I'm curious to see how that plays out.

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara S. (millionbookstoread) This is my first read through of this book and oh my when Denise broke down, I broke down. That whole little bit of the eulogy was so heartbreaking.

I agree with all of sentiments above. The duel timeline is so interesting and the perfect way to tell this story. The characters feel like real people just living their lives. And we are privy to it all, as if we are Theo.

I think I’m most excited to read about Griffin’s grieving process. Some of my favorite reads about loss have realistic grieving process that the characters go through. I’m very interested to see Griffin’s process.