Play Book Tag discussion

Big Little Lies
This topic is about Big Little Lies
April 2018: Strong Women > Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hilde (hilded) | 433 comments Big Little Lies ****

Lots of people have been recommending this to me, so when I found a copy at my mother’s house while visiting for Easter, I thought I should check it out. I had already seen the series, so I knew the plot. The book is perfect for vacation; it was just like watching a soap opera, highly entertaining. This was my first encounter with Moriarty, and I do enjoy a chick-lit book when the book has some substance which this one has. Great characters, and good depictions of the school yard “drama” that everyone can relate to. It was also quite humoristic in some parts, over all just an enjoyable, easy read which also touch base with some more serious issues.

On a side note, I am very much looking forward to seeing where they will take season 2 on the series, I will be watching.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I will be watching Season Two as well!

Jason Oliver | 2105 comments One of my favorite book. (My list of favorites keeps growing and growing). Moriarty has become one of my favorite authors.

It would be interesting to see them incorporate the plots of Moriarty's other books into the Big Little Lies stories line. That title could work for all the books of hers that I've read.

Hilde (hilded) | 433 comments Jason wrote: "One of my favorite book. (My list of favorites keeps growing and growing). Moriarty has become one of my favorite authors.

It would be interesting to see them incorporate the plots of Moriarty's ..."

I haven't read any of her other books (yet), but it is an interesting idea :)

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam I've not seen the series (will need to watch it at some point!) but did enjoy the book, she is one of those authors I always enjoy. What Alice Forgot and The Husband's Secret are by far my favourite of hers.

message 6: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Definitely curious about what season 2 will hold.

Laurel Heebsh | 3 comments Such a soap opera, and fun! I’m also awaiting the next season.