What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman (London's Greatest Lovers, #2)
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance - Wounded soldier treated by nurse secretly in love with him returns home. Nurse shows w/his baby -not hers- pretending its theirs. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherene (last edited Apr 26, 2018 08:48AM) (new)

Sherene | 6 comments More detail;
A wounded soldier is in a military medical facility and is nursed by a woman who secretly longs for him and falls in love with him. After he is well and returns to his home in England, the nurse sees the woman he'd been lovers with pregnant and ready to give birth and realizes the child is his. Something happens whereby the birth mother doesn't keep the child and the nurse takes the baby instead. She shows up on his doorstep and tells him that the baby is his and leads him to believe that she's the mom.

I think he takes her in and perhaps marries her but the above is the basis of the love story. He may be a titled lord of some sort or perhaps a second son; I can't be sure.

I'd run across it while scrolling historical romance selections on Audible and was initially undecided about buying it, but when i went back to sample it, I couldn't locate it. Now I can't remember the title, author or even the cover art. ;o(

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40648 comments Mod
When did you see it?

message 3: by Sherene (new)

Sherene | 6 comments Maybe in the last 2-3 weeks

message 5: by Sherene (new)

Sherene | 6 comments Kym wrote: "Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman by Lorraine Heath?"

Yes!!! That's it!! Thank You!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lorraine Heath (other topics)