Play Book Tag discussion

Paula Radcliffe
This topic is about Paula Radcliffe
April 2018: Strong Women > Paula: My Story So Far

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle H (new)

Michelle H | 63 comments Paula: My Story So Far by Paula Radcliffe

This is the autobiography of Paula Radcliffe, a female runner from the UK. She is considered one of the top distance runners in the sport. The book takes the reader through Paula's life from childhood when she started running through two Olympics and other major running championships as an adult.

You get to know her and everything she has gone through. As a runner, I appreciated reading about the sacrifices, training, and injuries that she has dealt with. It gives you a great inside view of an athlete's life.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book and gave it 5 stars. I believe other runners would enjoy this book, too. But it is not only for runners, You see how Paula is a strong women in her decisions throughout her life. It is a good read.

Paula: My Story So Far

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6733 comments Sounds perfect for me (a fellow runner)! Frankly, I could use some running motivation right about now. My legs are so sore as I ramp back up for the season after resting more over the winter.

message 3: by Michelle H (new)

Michelle H | 63 comments It was a lot more motivational than I expected. I felt like my 'issues' were minor after reading about the things she went through and what she endured,

message 4: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Anita wrote: "Sounds perfect for me (a fellow runner)! Frankly, I could use some running motivation right about now. My legs are so sore as I ramp back up for the season after resting more over the winter."

Become a mariners fan, and this won't happen anymore!

I feel like my ratings for memoirs are always skewed a little higher because of the personal stories, and motivation they give.

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6733 comments Ok that cracked me up Joi!

Michelle, glad to hear this one was high on the motivation scale . . .that makes me want to read it that much more!

message 6: by Michelle H (new)

Michelle H | 63 comments I agree Joi. This book provided a lot of inspiration for me. I have recommended other books like this and friends don’t always find them as good as I do.

BTW...so far this year the Rockies are scoring 4.4 runs per game. Not sure what the Mariners are doing but I’m glad I’m not a Yankees fan. :-)