it's personal discussion

Journals : G-I > go away

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments attempted failed doodles

message 2: by edge (last edited Apr 26, 2018 09:19AM) (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments description

message 3: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 1882 comments Hey! I actually like that picture!

message 4: by edge (last edited Apr 26, 2018 09:24AM) (new)

message 5: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments ♛✧נєℓℓувєαη✧♛✧ℓσνє ιѕ α тяαgι¢ ƒαтє✧♛ wrote: "Hey! I actually like that picture!"

why thank you!

message 6: by edge (new)

message 7: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments meh not really. if the quality was good and if you look really closely, you'll see mistakes so nope... not really good

message 8: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments like in the first pic, if you look closely at the dog's head, you'll see a stray stroke and that was me losing my pencil grip

message 9: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Lillian wrote: "Compared to my sh-stuff it's really, really good."

eh. i bet you're better than me

message 10: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments pff...

third pic: the nose area didn't blend right. like, it needs more contouring

message 11: by edge (new)

message 12: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Lillian wrote: "I should take a pic on some of mine just so I can show you how much better you are."

okay go ahead

message 13: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Lillian wrote: "all I have pictures of are my paintings..."

i dont even paint. you must be good tho

message 14: by edge (new)

message 15: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Thanks. Thats my dog

message 16: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments A pembroke welsh corgi, according to google

message 17: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments I have another one, unfinished tho but still looks half okay

message 18: by edge (new)

message 19: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments So unfinished tho :(((

message 20: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Yes yes yes it's long overdue already

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 25585 comments those are so amazing!!

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments I second that. You definitely have talent. I've taken a few college level art classes and placed in juried shows before so if you ever want to talk art or want a critical eye feel free to use me as a resource :)

message 23: by edge (last edited Jul 13, 2018 09:57AM) (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Shadow of Alex ~They/them~ (The Phoenix Reincarnated) (Shadow of Whales) (Bvbarmy) (Aelonian) (aa family) (Royal council) wrote: "those are so amazing!!"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "I second that. You definitely have talent. I've taken a few college level art classes and placed in juried shows before so if you ever want to talk art or want a critical eye feel free to use me as..."

wow i just read these now. thank you so much like tHAT MEANS A LOT, LIKE THE ENTIRE WORLD TO ME

message 24: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments but tbh, i still think i suck tho.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments Yeah, but that's not uncommon for artists :)

message 26: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Wow. You sound like an artist. You are, aren't you?

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments Yurp. Lol. Ive had art place in juried shows, displayed in a couple galleries, and stuff like that. This was mainly back when I took a bunch of art classes, though, which was like 2 or 3 years ago. I haven't worked on a project in like two years. :( closest I got was working on art meant for a relatives business. Which I still need to finish.....
Anyway if you do like art and try to do a career out of it you may be able to find a class that's like a "how to survive as an artist" kind of thing. Networking, business planning, work presentation, etc. I took a class like that and it was really interesting (and not likely to be used, lol!)

message 28: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments wow. lynx. you're a legend. wow. i think i can see me 7 or 8 years from now (idk how old are you?)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments Lol no I'm in no way a legend. And I'm 23 today :)

message 30: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments i started painting. it sucks

message 31: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments the water destroys the whole thing! what the heck is this

message 32: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Here's the semi-acceptable painting I was talking about

message 33: by edge (last edited Sep 19, 2018 03:13AM) (new)

message 34: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Those gray lines tho

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments What are the lines from? A scanner or something?
Also what kind of paper did you use?

message 36: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments I think its the camera. I was using my tablet when i took this picture thats why. And i was using my sketch pad paper. The not-so-thick ones. You know, the rough ones that easily scrape off when rubbed a bit too hard by a pencil eraser

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments Yeah paint requires different paper. Your painting looks great though. If you want to add painted works to any kind of portfolio or to enter into local art shows I would definitely invest in canvas or a thick paper.

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 25585 comments edge wrote: ""

THIS IS AMAZING

message 39: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "Yeah paint requires different paper. Your painting looks great though. If you want to add painted works to any kind of portfolio or to enter into local art shows I would definitely invest in canvas..."

Nooooo way seriously

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, teasing me, or were actually unaware. XD I recommend Bristol brand paper but it can be pricey. If you were nearby I'd give you some of my watercolor paper. I have a crap ton of them and rarely ever use it. Someone gifted me a bunch of paper years ago.
Also if you like the effect of painting but hate working with paint I suggest trying watercolor pencils. They're freakin awesome.

message 41: by edge (new)

edge  (baconnnnnnnnnn) | 5352 comments Lol i misread it sorry i though something else entirely.

anyway yess i heard of watercolor pencils already but i havent tried them yet. Maybe someday. Thanks lynx

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Your drawings are awesome.