Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Monthly Buddy Read Match-Up > May Buddy Read Sign-up

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited May 02, 2018 05:34PM) (new)

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
If you would like to participate in the May Match-Up, please add your name to this sign-up thread.

You can read the Rules for our Monthly Buddy Read Match-Up HERE

1. John
2. Agnieszka
3. Neil

message 2: by John (new)

John Day I would like to continue for my 3rd buddy read, if anyone would like to pair with me.

message 3: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 180 comments I'm in again.

message 4: by John (new)

John Day Great to see you are here again, Agnieszka.

message 5: by Neil (new)

Neil Plucknett | 3 comments I'd be interested - first timer. Currently devouring sci-fi.....

message 6: by J. (new)

J. (jdrew) | 140 comments I don't think I can get in on this in May, too much going on and a bulging to-read shelf. Please keep me on the invite list.

message 7: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

So as of now we have 3 people signed up. We can either do one group of three, or wait a little longer to see if anyone else signs up. What do you all think?

message 8: by John (new)

John Day I am happy to continue with 3 persons, but April hasn't been completed by my buddy as far as I can see.

I notice Neil likes Sci-fi, Films for me are fine, but not books.

Rather than be negative, can we go for Nine dragons, Michael Connelly https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nine-Dragons...

Await your reply
Best wishes
John

message 9: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 180 comments Lisa P wrote: "So as of now we have 3 people signed up. We can either do one group of three, or wait a little longer to see if anyone else signs up. What do you all think?"

I'm not reading SF at all, so I would suggest, you make a group for the two men and I pause this month. Should anyone sign up within the next week, feel free to contact me and I'll buddy up with the late commer.

John wrote: "I am happy to continue with 3 persons, but April hasn't been completed by my buddy as far as I can see..."

Actually I have to disagree we didn't complete the buddy read. We finished the discussion April 11th and decided to read a second book - which I wasn't able to read due to my health issues and already appologized for.
After all the issues we had and since you disregarded now again my reqauest to contact me before you post your issues in the general thread I'm no more interested in future buddy reads with you. Sorry to say it so blunt but I'm not willing to exposure myself to additional hurt as long as I'm struggling with severe depression. Should this change in the future I'll you and Lisa (or any mod leading buddy reads) know.

message 10: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited May 06, 2018 09:34AM) (new)

Group #1: Neil and John
Group #2: TBD