Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > May 2018 ~ ATF Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 165 (165 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Grey (last edited May 28, 2018 02:00PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
A new challenge for 2018 is the ATF Challenge. For me...some of the books that are my all-time favorites that I may recommend, may not necessarily have gotten 5 stars...but nonetheless are still on my favorite books of all time list, so here we are-Month FIVE!

And I think now that we've figured it out, the rules of this challenge are pretty simple.

1) Between now and the 30th of April, members express their interest in participating in the ATF challenge for May.
2) Sometime on May 1st, it will be randomized by one of our illustrious randomizers to see who the lucky 5th woman of honor will be.
3) She will post the link to her All Time Favorite Books list (which could be her 5 stars list... or it could be something new that she makes up specifically for this challenge, however, it should include at least 10 books, in fact the more books the better). I will also link the Honoree's list here in this first post.
4) Then this is where it gets fun... the Honoree could deign to 'help' pick a book for each of us that are participating to read from that list that we haven't read, if we have it or can easily get our hands on it. Or...she could just let us run amok and pick from all of her favorite choices.

For example: here is the link to Grey's All Time Favorites List

And last, but certainly not least...
5) The next super fun part of this challenge is that everyone else gets to throw a suggestion into the pot for the honoree, one of their 5 star suggestions, which will then be tossed into the randomizer again (or the honoree can just choose one, whichever floats her boat!) But this way, the honoree also has an All Time Favorite to read this month.

Clear as mud? Please ask if you have any questions, as we continue to iron out the details!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The honoree for May 2018 is ... Nay!!

The books we've chosen from all of our suggestions and plucked from the magical randomizer for her to read is...

Voyeur by Fiona Cole picked by Lisa, and gave it 3.5 stars!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lisa picked Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1) by L.H. Cosway and rated

Leslie picked At This Moment (Of Love And Madness #1) by Karen Cimms and DNF-ed so she picked a new one Falling into You (Falling, #1) by Jasinda Wilder and rated it

Paula picked A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner and rated it 4 stars!

Tessa picked Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1) by Gracen Miller and rated it 3 stars.

Ela picked At This Moment (Of Love And Madness #1) by Karen Cimms and rated

Jean picked At This Moment (Of Love And Madness #1) by Karen Cimms and rated it 4 stars and continued with the series and devoured books 2 and 3 in the series and LOVED them!

Jan picked Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar and rated

Grey cheated and is double dipping this month, using her Pick-for-me A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner and rated 4 stars.

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I’m in! Same shelf as last month

message 3: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Me too!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am in on this one fo sho!!!

message 5: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in though I still have to read all of last months books. (I've been in such a PNR mood, the one time I finally wanted a CR book, I forgot about the challenge books! lol )

message 7: by Ela (new)

message 8: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Well, I want to try this one again in May even though I haven't done April's yet. Hahaha. But it's such fun.

Hey, I've got a few days yet to read it........ (It was Begin Again). Same shelf.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in!

message 10: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I need to update my shelf

message 11: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Question: Do the honorees already picked (Lisa, Grey,Kooloo,Jean) so far get put in randomizer pool again? Just curious.

message 12: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
yep. I'm going to add more to my all time faves... *rubs hands together* hahahahaha evil laugh

message 13: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jan, Begin Again is a quick NA read. You’ll probably get through pretty fast with no problem.

message 14: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Renee wrote: "Jan, Begin Again is a quick NA read. You’ll probably get through pretty fast with no problem."

K, thanks Nay.

message 15: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok, starting to get ants in my pants. Since Kooloo did other challenge early, any chance we can do this early too? Pretty please with sugar on top?

*makes puppy dog face*

message 16: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Lol Leslie! I was thinking the same thing!

message 17: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments It’s the 1st May.....

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Yoohooo Koooooolooooooooooooooooo

Tapping my screen...is this thing on?

message 19: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments UM HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments While I have your attention, Ela - thanks for the emails yesterday with the goodies :) I lurve you!!!

message 21: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments No one is answering us Ela! Well not the one who does the drawer! GREY!!! Where are you????

message 22: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
standby! I will be randomizing in a few minutes!!!

message 23: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Drumroll please.... The lady of honor for May... is... Nay! hahaha, I'm a poet and didn't know it... I'm gonna stop before I hurt myself.

message 24: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Meant to post this jic you need it:

Renee's All-Time Favorites

message 25: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Oooh, guess you do need it! lol

Hope y'all can all find something you like. I went through it last night and added a few for some more variety, just in case my shelf got picked.

message 26: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Yay Nay!!!!! Lol

message 27: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments *runs to Nays shelf*

message 28: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
awww, Jan, look... our baby, Will is on Nay's list... *sniff, sniff* that makes me so proud. I didn't get very far...obviously.

message 29: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Lots of goodies on Nay's list!!

I'm thinking possibly one of the following for me:

At This Moment
Something in the Way
Gone Girl (never read it or saw the movie)
Escape From Paradise
Tangled
Arouse
Unteachable

And
Beautiful Player (but I never read book 2 and I don't own this one)

Any feedback would be helpful!!!

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am going to pick Painted Faces from Nay's list! And I am excited beyond belief!!!

And for my selection for Nay to read is Voyeur by Fiona Cole, for selfish reasons, cuz if that's what she reads, I can join her for it :)

message 31: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok, I am going to read: At This Moment At This Moment (Of Love And Madness #1) by Karen Cimms

Nay, my rec to you is Stepbrother Dearest Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward

message 32: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments At this moment is great Leslie!!

message 33: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Oooh so many I have already read! I am going for A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner

message 34: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments For Nay I recommend The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1) by Tabitha McGowan OR Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1) by Barbara S. Stewart

message 35: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Oooh, I forgot that I get a book picked for me! Yippee!!!

Lisa--I'm going to randomize, but I still want to BR Voyeur. I just put another of her books in my tbr too.

message 36: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm going with Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1) by Gracen Miller

Okay, for a rec, Off the Record (Record, #1) by K.A. Linde It made me swoon, and it's KU! :D

message 37: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Lisa wrote: "While I have your attention, Ela - thanks for the emails yesterday with the goodies :) I lurve you!!!"

LURVE YA RIGHT BACK....NOW GO AND LIKE MORE SMEXY PNR LIKE IMMORTALS AFTER DARK

message 38: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Yay it’s NayNay the Birthday Girl 🎁🛍🎈🥓🎂🎂🎂

message 39: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Renee wrote: "Meant to post this jic you need it:

Renee's All-Time Favorites"

Might as well do At This Moment...

message 40: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Renee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you're like the only other person who's read the Jane True series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 41: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Tessa wrote: "I'm going with Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1) by Gracen Miller

Okay, for a rec, Off the Record (Record, #1) by K.A. Linde It made me swoon, and it's KU! :D"

I'm doing Pandora's Box for Pick for Me....BR?

message 42: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela wrote: "Renee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you're like the only other person who's read the Jane True series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I LURVED that series!!! I was so sad when she ended it. A bunch of my reading buddies at that time (at paperback swap) read those. They made their rounds through the book swap games we used to do.

message 43: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Renee wrote: "Ela wrote: "Renee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you're like the only other person who's read the Jane True series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I LURVED that series!!! I was so sad when she ended it. A bunch of my readi..."

Huh. I need to read book four. I read the first three and I wonder why I stopped? I obviously liked them. Though, gah, it's been too long since I read them to remember what happened. :(

message 44: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Ela wrote: "Tessa wrote: "I'm going with Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1) by Gracen Miller

Okay, for a rec, Off the Record (Record, #1) by K.A. Linde It made me swoon, and it's KU! :D"

I'm doing Pandora's Box for Pick for Me......"
SURE! It looks good.

message 45: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Renee wrote: "Ela wrote: "Renee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you're like the only other person who's read the Jane True series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I LURVED that series!!! I was so sad when she ended it. A bunch of my readi..."

It doesn't look like Peeler wrote anything new???

message 46: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Tessa wrote: "Renee wrote: "Ela wrote: "Renee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you're like the only other person who's read the Jane True series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I LURVED that series!!! I was so sad when she ended it. A bun..."

Just pick it back up and it should come back to you.

message 47: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I've decided. I'm going toread At This Moment too. It's calling my name!

My pick for Nay (which was really hard to decide) is: Midnight Valentine by J.T. Geissinger

message 48: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela wrote: "It doesn't look like Peeler wrote anything new??? "

Not that I'm aware of. I remember that she's a college professor and I think I read that at the time the series ended, she was busy with school.

message 49: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Jean wrote: "I've decided. I'm going toread At This Moment too. It's calling my name!

My pick for Nay (which was really hard to decide) is: Midnight Valentine by J.T. Geissinger"

BUDDY READ

message 50: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments My pick for Nay Nay is Method 15/33 by Shannon Kirk *gasp* you haven't read it yet???

« previous 1 3 4