Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > May 2018 ~ Pick-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 118 (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (last edited May 28, 2018 06:07PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Pick for Me Challenge!!!

Come one, come all! It's fun... really!!!

1. Create a new shelf, or update the existing shelf on your Goodreads profile, that includes approximately 20 books that you would like to have someone else use to pick a book for you to read. Label it "Pick For Me." Only books from this designated shelf will be selected for this challenge, (no matter how badly some of us want to pick something else)!

2. Post in this thread that you want to participate this month.

3. Provide the link to your Pick For Me shelf, (this will make it a bit easier for all parties involved... unless you all really *want* to read A Court of Thorns and Roses! *a new month, a new pick from me!*)

4. On the last day of the month, Fabi/Kooloo will use the randomizer to pair up everyone. (Or worst case scenario, Grey will pick for everyone, and you *know* what that means, LOL!)

5. Friend your partner who is picking for you or set your profile to public or your partner will not be able to access your shelf.

6. Post your selection for your partner in this thread.

7. Come back after finishing the book selected for you by your partner (even if it's after the month has ended) and let everybody know what you think about it.

**The sign up period will remain open until pairs are posted on May 1st and you'll have until May 4th, (May the fourth be with you... pardon all of the reallllly bad puns) to select a book for your partner.**

Sample shelf: Grey's Pick For Me

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Melinda picked Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher for Bethany; Bethany rated 5 stars!!

Jan picked The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale) by Katy Regnery for Lisa; Lisa rated as 5 stars!

Paula picked Our Unscripted Story by L.A. Fiore for Melinda; Melinda rated as 4.5 stars!

Leslie picked Drive by Kate Stewart for Jan; Jan rated as

Tessa picked Night Shifts Black (NSB, #1) by Alyson Santos for Paula; Paula rated as 4 stars.

Jean picked Sweetest Heartbreak (Sweetest, #1) by Heather Bentley for Leslie; Leslie rated as 3 stars

Renee picked A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner for Grey; Grey rated as 4 stars

Kooloo picked Dark Matter by Blake Crouch for Jean; Jean rated as 5 stars!

Grey picked The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin for Kooloo; Kooloo rated as

Lisa picked Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher for Nay; Nay rated as 4.75 stars!!

Bethany picked Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1) by Gracen Miller for Ela; Ela rated as 4 stars

Ela picked The Crown Of Light (Lightness Saga #1) by Stacey Marie Brown for Tessa; Tessa rated as

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Count me in! Same shelf - my plan is to get that shelf nearly empty before topping it up!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am all in - same shelf as before

Lisa's Pick For Me

OMG - I think I actually was just successful in figuring out how to do the link correctly!!!

message 4: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in, same shelf. :)

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Also in, same shelf.

message 6: by Nay (last edited Apr 26, 2018 07:51AM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Way to go, Lisa!

Here's my newly edited shelf: Renee's Pick-For-Me

message 7: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I need to revamp my shelf...

message 8: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Ok Ladies I will be put sting the matches Sat night. So that we can choose the P4M books Sunday😘

message 9: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I love the fact that your auto correct decided putting was put sting. So... bees or the singer? :)

message 11: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments I'd love to.
Here's mine: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Oh my gosh...is Bethany fresh meat? Errrr....I mean is she a new friend for us to play with? I don't remember seeing her beautiful name before!!

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Waving to Bethany - have we met? Can I add you as a GR friend?

message 14: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments Lol! Hi! Waving back. Yes, of course!

message 15: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Hi Bethany!!

message 16: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments I have NOT met Bethany so step aside Lisa! Go read the Fae Chronicles with dark brooding fairies and a snarky h!

message 17: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments I have read Fighting Destiny!

message 18: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments Hi, Ladies!

message 19: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Bethany wrote: "I have read Fighting Destiny!"

That's it, just that one? Did you love it? If not then we can't be friends...sorry.

message 20: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments Oh dang, sorry... have you read The Kingmaker Chronicles?

message 21: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Hi Bethany! Welcome!

Lisa's not going to read the Fae Chronicles, is she?!!!! Oooh, Lisa, that's ACOTAR on x-rated steroids! 😈😈😈

message 22: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Bahhhhh😆

message 23: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Bethany wrote: "Oh dang, sorry... have you read The Kingmaker Chronicles?"

I think Tessa has rec'd those a few times.

message 24: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Hi Bethany! We get a little excited with "fresh meat" in our challenges. Welcome. 😁

message 25: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments Thank you!

message 26: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Hi Bethany waves👋

message 27: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments I’m in too. Have to check my list though job for tonight. I love this challenge. My fav.

message 28: by Jan (last edited Apr 26, 2018 05:04PM) (new)

Jan (jan130) I'm in. Feeling proud of myself cos for once I did actually read this month's challenge LOL. *waves to Bethany* Hi!

message 29: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments *waves* Hi Bethany! :) And yep. I am but one person of many who recommended the Kingmaker series. They are that good.

message 30: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Bethany wrote: "Oh dang, sorry... have you read The Kingmaker Chronicles?"

Not yet but they are on my TBR....I'll just move them up...Thanks to you and Tessa!

message 31: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments This is my favorite challenge! I'm definitely in and have to update this list too!

Welcome Bethany!

message 32: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments Ela wrote: "Bethany wrote: "Oh dang, sorry... have you read The Kingmaker Chronicles?"

Not yet but they are on my TBR....I'll just move them up...Thanks to you and Tessa!"

Yay! They are so good!

message 33: by Kooloo (last edited Apr 28, 2018 10:19PM) (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments WELL, GOOD EVENING (or morning depending on your local) MY LOVEY LADIES!

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!!
dancing in my seat I'm just soooo happy Whooootwhoooooo
description
AAAAND we have a new member this month I see – Welcome Bethany and good luck...
*insert evil laugh here*

OK so without further a due here are the P4M matches for this wonderful month of MAY

****remember you need to find your name then click the link (in front of it)
and THAT is who you need to pick 4

Pick For Me MELINDA !

Pick For Me TESSA !

Pick For Me PAULA !

Pick For Me LISA !

Pick For Me ELA !

Pick For Me GREY !

Pick For Me JEAN !

Pick For Me BETHANY !

Pick For Me KOOLOO !

Pick For Me JAN !

Pick For Me RENEE !

Pick For Me LESLIE !

message 34: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments Ooooh, I'm excited! Friend request sent!

message 35: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/comp... My pick for Bethany, I loved this book I hope you do too.

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments My internet is playing up. It’s Atheists kneel and pray. For Bethany.

message 37: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments Eek! I’m sure I will. I love her other books!

message 38: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Ooh it's not even May yet and we're up. Thanks Kooloo. *hugs Kooloo*

*goes to check my pickee Lisa's list* This is gonna be fun.

message 39: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) OK, for Lisa I pick The Vixen and the Vet The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale) by Katy Regnery

It's the only one of yours I've read LOL! I didn't actually finish it, but I usually love Katy Regnery's books and I think I must have just not been in the mood. I do intend to go back and try it again, cos it's had so many great reviews.

Hope you enjoy!

message 40: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Melinda - I choose Our Unscripted Story by L.A. Fiore I have not read it yet but it is on my list! Enjoy!

message 41: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Thanks Kooloo for doing this early!! 😚

Lisa, I loved The Vixen and the Vet. (major swoonage) 💓 I think you will like it.

Jan, for you I pick Drive Drive by Kate Stewart . I am super curious if you will love it like everyone else or be bored with it like I was. Good luck & happy reading. 🤓

message 42: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Ooooh Paula, Thankyou, I, so excited you got me. We are book twins. 😘

message 43: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments And Thankyou Kooloo, My wish for you is all the hot guys you saw on the train with a book. 😉😘

message 44: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Oooh, I got Paula. Normally, I'd say Lux, but in this case, I think you'll adore Night Shifts Black (NSB, #1) by Alyson Santos Next time Lux. :)

message 45: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Oh geez, i got Leslie and i know she's been having a book slump...... ok, let me think about this.

message 46: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Oooh, Ela has me. This should be interesting. :)

message 47: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Thanks Tessa!

message 48: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments You guys know, I LOVED Night Shifts Black. Hope you like it Paula!

I just updated my list.... I'm ready for my pick!

message 49: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Ok, my pick for Leslie is:

Sweetest Heartbreak (Sweetest, #1) by Heather Bentley

I'm hoping you like it!

message 50: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Grey--this is a tough one because you have two of my top 3's of the year I read them in on your list. Although you really NEED to read The Gravity of Us, I'm going to pick A Love Letter to Whiskey A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner because I loved it SO much!

« previous 1 3