What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Book About Wolf Pup

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (new)

Carly | 2 comments HELP. I can't remember the name of my favorite book when I was a kid. It starts in a snowy forest in a cave with a wolf and her pup, and some how the pup gets separated from her. The wolf wanders and finds an Indian man by a fire, approaches him, and the Indian man takes the wolf in as his own for a while. Then somehow the wolf ends up in a city where I think he joins a dog fighting ring? And then he's adopted by a man, who I think is a ginger, and the man struggles to tame the wolf but they form a bond and then one day the man falls off his horse and the wolf runs and gets help for him. Then the wolf falls in love with a border collie type dog and the last page of the book is of their puppies. Some of this may be incorrect, and they're random details I know, but I LOVED this book and would cry if I could rediscover it. Please please help!

message 3: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (Nidhogg) | 43 comments Almost certainly White Fang by Jack London. Fantastic book.

message 4: by Carly (new)

Carly | 2 comments I think that's it!! Now I just have to find the specific adaption because it was for kids, and was mainly pictures. But thank you so much!

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments Carly wrote: "I think that's it!! Now I just have to find the specific adaption because it was for kids, and was mainly pictures. But thank you so much!"
You're welcome! Let us know which one was it when you do.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Should we wait until you find the children's adaptation before shelving?

message 7: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1226 comments Here are a couple possibilities: White Fang by Kathleen Olmstead

White Fang (Great Illustrated Classics) by Malvina G. Vogel

White Fang by D.J. Arneson

If none of these and you are still looking, when (approximately) did you read this?

message 8: by Bailey (new)

Bailey | 7 comments it might also be call of the wild which is also a Jack London book. Although that might have been the one that was set in the gold rush. Love those books!!

message 9: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (Nidhogg) | 43 comments The Call of the Wild is taken from the opposite direction thematically. Instead of a wolf pup ultimately being semi-civilized, it is a story about a domestic dog's adventures that culminate in his dominance of a wolf pack. Also a great book, however.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Carly, have you found the specific edition of "White Fang" that you read?