Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > May SGoM: ♥Medical Romance

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments
May’s Sub-genre of the Month is: ♥ Medical Romance

May has both Nurse's Week and Emergency Medical Services Week, therefore, this month’s SGoM is...

♥ Medical Romance: Someone is born to cure: a doctor, medics, nurse, healer, etc. Certainly not as popular as they were during Dr. Killdare’s reign in the 1960’s, they’re still around. (Examples on GRs’ listopia Doctor/Medical Romance Heroes, Doctor/Medical Romance Heroines, and Non-Harlequin Medical Romance.)

message 2: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'm in! I think I'll do Challenge (Harris Brothers, #1) by Amy Daws Challenge by Amy Daws for certain, but may add more.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments I'm in, just need to pick a book.

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I know there are heaps of books I want to read for this SGOM, I just need to find them.

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Apr 26, 2018 06:40PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments It seems that I'll be reading The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) by Suzanne Brockmann and probably Playing Doctor by Jan Meredith Her Brooding Italian Surgeon by Fiona Lowe Pleasured by the Secret Millionaire by Natalie Anderson

message 7: by Kristen (last edited Apr 27, 2018 05:01AM) (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "In! with: Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey"

Carly, I loved that one, hope you do too!

I think I will read Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione since I already own it.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm going to go with Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1) by Lori Foster .

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments I just loved Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1) by Lori Foster !! I loved the whole Buckhorn Brothers Series. One of my favorites.

I'm going to read Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2) by Penny Reid Friends Without Benefits by Penny Reid

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yeah, LF is one of my fav authors. I call her my "Iron Woman." She doesn't have a lot of 5 stars for me, but she only rarely has a 3 star. And her heroes are yummy.

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Yes! Lori Foster is a consistency good author that produces books that entertain and relieve the daily tedium.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments Kristen wrote: "Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "In! with: Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey"

Carly, I loved that one, hope you do too!

I think I will read Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione since I ..."

Not surprised you've read that one already :) glad to hear its good! I didn't even know Pleasure Unbound had a medical character in it LOL I have that on my TBR too

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited May 01, 2018 03:38PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione I didn't even know Pleasure Unbound had a medical character in it"

Most of the book in that series would fit this month SGOM. A lot of the MCs are the staff at a supernatural hospital. I can't remember which ones though!

message 15: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I finished The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) by Suzanne Brockmann a few days ago. It was mostly a suspense Romance but the heroine is a doctor and she being a doctor plays a big part in the story.
I really enjoyed and I will read more from the series.

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "Finished Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey SO SO GOOD
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Sounds good :)

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I started reading Pleasured by the Secret Millionaire by Natalie Anderson

message 18: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) I read The Lovesick Cure by Pamela Morsi The Lovesick Cure by Pamela Morsi. I didn't know if fit this challenge until I started reading it.

My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 19: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I think I’ll read A Bed of Spices by Barbara Samuel

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I finished Her Brooding Italian Surgeon by Fiona Lowe and Pleasured by the Secret Millionaire by Natalie Anderson both were good but funnily they had almost the same storyline!
(view spoiler)

message 21: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments ⚜️Trea wrote: "I'm in! I think I'll do Challenge (Harris Brothers, #1) by Amy DawsChallenge by Amy Daws for certain, but may add more."

This was a pretty interesting read!

message 22: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2) by Penny Reid Friends Without Benefits by Penny Reid 3-Stars
I'm just not a contemporary romance person
My Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 23: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) Anita wrote: "Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2) by Penny Reid Friends Without Benefits by Penny Reid 3-Stars
I'm just not a contemporary romance person
My Review: https://www.goodr..."

Oh bummer, I love Penny Reid!

I finished my book, Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione ★★★★

i don't really have much of a review, i enjoyed it enough to continue on with the series.

message 24: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Penny Reid writes a good book. I just don't care for the first person POV. The two books I've read just haven't clicked for me.

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I did finish Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1) by Lori Foster earlier in the month....4 stars. Fun.