YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
This topic is about Broken Pride
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Bravelands #1: Broken Pride by Erin Hunter --> Starting 26th April

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48915 comments Mod
Heed the call of the wild with this brand-new, action-packed animal fantasy series from the #1 nationally bestselling author of Warriors. Enter the Bravelands…and discover the Erin Hunter series you’ve been waiting for.

A lion cast out from his tribe.

An elephant who can read the bones of the dead.

A baboon rebelling against his destiny.

For generations, the animals of the African plains have followed a single rule: only kill to survive. But when an unthinkable act of betrayal shatters the peace, the fragile balance between predators and prey will rest in the paws of three unlikely heroes.

Set in an epic new world and told from three different animals’ points of view, Bravelands will thrill readers who love Spirit Animals and Wings of Fire, as well as the legion of dedicated fans who’ve made Erin Hunter a bestselling phenomenon.

Starting this one now :)

Chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

I'll finish this today

message 6: by Maddie (last edited Apr 28, 2018 06:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished (view spoiler)

Review: This is the first book in Erin Hunter's latest series, Bravelands. I was expecting such good things from this series, as it features a lion, a baboon and an elephant on the great plains of Africa. And I did receive those good things, just not in the way I was expecting.
Fearless's courage and perseverance are definitely admirable, and I love how he was aptly named. He performed many great feats throughout this novel!
Thorn's loyalty and determination make me want to be more like him, and his faith in him and Berry is so cute. I really hope he gets what he deserves!
I also really hope that Sky knows how to handle her destiny, and that she pulls through for everyone, as I feel like she has a long road ahead of her.

I assumed that the characters would all meet at the start of the novel, so the fact that they didn't was kind of a let-down for me. I suppose it all is set up nicely for the next book though! Can't wait to see their relationships blossom, and see what adventures they all get into.
There were a few plot twists for me throughout this book, and also a bit of anger deep inside at the whole cheetah thing, as well as the murder thing. That surprised me so much! Poor Fearless and Thorn :( I don't agree with how Thorn changed at the end though, that really decreased things for me. Denial is one of the things I hate in stories. I want it all to work out though! Will be picking up the second novel soon!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Up to chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Finished (view spoiler)

I wanna read your spoilers xD I'm on my phone so I can't!

let me know when you get #2! I just know that nothing beats warriors at all ever haha

Nicole wrote: "Up to chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

I love how it's reciprocated too! She seems so lovely :)

Nicole wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"

I know it's so shocking I wasn't there for that at all!

There's always some character like that XD

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.