What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's picture book- kids sneak into witches house and almost get eaten

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (last edited Apr 25, 2018 04:27PM) (new)

Sophie | 3 comments A children's book with pictures that I read sometime between 2000-2010. Two kids are looking at a big victorian style witches (or haunted?) house from behind a fence. One of them decides to try and sneak in, but while she is inside, the witch comes home. The witch is going to maybe eat her, but the other child goes up to the house, looks through the window, and manages to get his friend out and they run away from the house. I think the house had a big wrought iron fence around it.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments Were the illustrations realistic, colorful, full page, etc?

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 3 comments I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure they were colorful and not realistic. I seem to remember that each page was about 3/4 the illustration and 1/4 the text (maybe 3-5 sentences?).

message 4: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (Nidhogg) | 43 comments Was the story more like Hansel and Gretel (the two kids) or more like a Baba Yaga (the wrought iron fence occasionally adorned with skulls or with a squeaky gate comes to mind)? Was there anything interesting about the part where the children run away? Perhaps using certain magical items or getting help from previously-encountered beings to delay the witch pursuing them?

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still looking, Sophie?