Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking a Beta Reader for Fantasy Short Story

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Miranda | 1 comments I have just completed a high fantasy short story called, "A Thirst for Sand." (Title is tentative). It is 8000 words. I am submitting it to an anthology, so any help in trying to cut down the word count would be great. But I pretty much want a critique that focuses on whatever you have to say and your opinions on whatever comes to mind.

The short story is in the viewpoint of my female protagonist, Ksaman Afshani, a desert warrior of the famed Shamshiri swordsmen. She is demoted to instructor and is ordered to train a witch in the art of the blade, but—to her dismay—it is easier said than done.

Anyone who likes high-concept fantasy, female warriors, and magic, look no farther. I'm also an experienced writer with some publications.

Thank you!

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex | 13 comments Hi, I'd be interested beta-reading your work. Please feel free to contact me (aksese@gmail.com)

message 3: by George (new)

George Little (riceballgeorge) | 1 comments Hi Daniel, your work sounds interesting. Please PM me or shoot me an email: mrlittlegeorge@gmail.com.

message 4: by Nieve (new)

Nieve | 3 comments Hi Daniel I would love to be a beta read for you. Please email me at nievewalton@gmail.com

message 5: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Wyllie (kingjasteroth) | 28 comments Hi Daniel, I would love to read your story and provide insight. If it pleases you, I will also highlight areas if I've found myself to be skimming at any point as well.

s.davis2016@hotmail.com