YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Crimes Against Magic
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Hellequin Chronicles, starting with Crimes Against Magic, by Steve McHugh - beginning May 1st, 2018

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer | 3551 comments Book One Description:It’s been almost ten years since Nathan Garrett woke on a cold warehouse floor with nothing but a gun, a sword, and no idea of who he was or how he got there. His only clue … a piece of paper with his name on it. Since then, he’s discovered he’s a powerful sorcerer and has used his abilities to work as a thief for hire. But he’s never stopped hunting for his true identity, and those who erased his memory have never stopped hunting for him. When the barrier holding his past captive begins to crumble, Nathan swears to protect a young girl who is key to his enemy’s plans. But with his enemies closing in, and everyone he cares about becoming a target for their wrath, Nathan is forced to choose between the life he’s built for himself and the one buried deep inside him.

Crimes Against Magic is an Urban Fantasy set in modern-day London with Historical flashbacks to early fifteenth-century France. It's book one of the Hellequin Chronicles, a series about Nathan (Nate) Garrett, a centuries-old sorcerer.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Joining!!! 😜

Jennifer | 3551 comments Spent all morning in the car and powered through this one.

Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles, #1) by Steve McHugh

Ch 8 - (view spoiler)

Ch 17 - (view spoiler)

Ch 26 - (view spoiler)

Ch 33 - (view spoiler)

Finished - (view spoiler)

Wow, I really liked this one. I even liked the voice of the narrator; he did a pretty good job bringing Nate to life. I'll definitely enjoy listening to the next book.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen u always beat us to reading them first. I’m doing another book right now and I’m liking it so I won’t start this one til tomorrow.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen u always beat us to reading them first. I’m doing another book right now and I’m liking it so I won’t start this one til tomorrow.

Jennifer | 3551 comments I just knew I would be spending a lot of time this month reading audios, so I loaded up on them. Yesterday I spent nearly 8 hours in the car, so I had lots of time to listen.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Born of Hatred (Hellequin Chronicles, #2) by Steve McHugh

Ch 9 - (view spoiler)

Ch 18 - (view spoiler)

Ch 25 - (view spoiler)

Ch 35 - (view spoiler)

I'm loving this series. Nate is the man.

Alaina (ameserole) Crimes Against Magic (Hellequin Chronicles, #1) by Steve McHugh
Chapter 9: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 19: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Chapter 29: (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Ooops forgot to add my last comment!!
Finished: (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments With Silent Screams (Hellequin Chronicles #3) by Steve McHugh
Ch 7 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments With Silent Screams (Hellequin Chronicles #3) by Steve McHugh

Ch 17 - (view spoiler)

Ch 25 - (view spoiler)

Ch 31 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Prison of Hope (Hellequin Chronicles, #4) by Steve McHugh

Ch 7 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Prison of Hope (Hellequin Chronicles, #4) by Steve McHugh

Ch 15 - (view spoiler)

Ch 29 - (view spoiler)

Ch 34 - (view spoiler)

Finished - (view spoiler) Ah well, the only way to find out is to keep reading. Thank goodness I like Nate and his adventures.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Lies Ripped Open (Hellequin Chronicles #5) by Steve McHugh
Ch 8 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Lies Ripped Open (Hellequin Chronicles #5) by Steve McHugh
Ch 16 - (view spoiler)

Ch 23 - (view spoiler)
Ch 31 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Promise of Wrath (Hellequin Chronicles, #6) by Steve McHugh
Ch 10 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Promise of Wrath (Hellequin Chronicles, #6) by Steve McHugh
Ch 16 - (view spoiler)
Ch 25 - (view spoiler)
Ch 35 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Scorched Shadows (Hellequin Chronicles, #7) by Steve McHugh
Ch 7 - (view spoiler)
Ch 13 - (view spoiler)
Ch 22 - (view spoiler)
Ch 30 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Scorched Shadows (Hellequin Chronicles, #7) by Steve McHugh
Finished - Wow! (view spoiler) I am so glad that I read in the acknowledgments that while it is the end of the Hellequin series, it isn't the end of Nate's story since there is so much more than needs to happen to come to a conclusion. I also read on the author's GR page that he planned on continuing Nate's story after he released 3 books in the Avalon series and 2 are already out with the 3rd coming in November. So while I have to wait to hear from Nate again, perhaps the wait won't be too long.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.