All About Books discussion

The Monday Poem > Morning Broken Hearts by Linda Dobinson 23.4.18

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

B the BookAddict (bthebookaddict) | 8315 comments Linda, I'm not sure that you can post your own poems here. You might ask a Mod.

message 2: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ I was wondering the same, B.

Do like your poem though. Simple but visual.

message 3: by Joan (new)

Joan I like the image
“...blackbirds sing/their notes written on the wind”

I think there are some Goodreads groups in which poets share their own poems and give each other support and advice.

Alice Poon, a member/poet in All About Books, may be able to guide you to them.

message 4: by Linda (last edited Apr 27, 2018 12:31AM) (new)

Linda Dobinson (baspoet) | 97 comments B the BookAddict wrote: "Linda, I'm not sure that you can post your own poems here. You might ask a Mod."

What? I thought that is what was wanted. But have deleted.

message 5: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 12316 comments Mod
While there may a rule about authors not being allowed to share their work. We are currently in discussion as to whether or not we should allow poets to share their own work in the group. Linda, I think for now we are happy for you to share your poetry.

message 6: by Alannah (new)

We have decided to allow members to post their own poetry for the time being. However, if we find members abusing this by constantly posting their poems when they do not have an allotted slot, we will stop this.

message 7: by Linda (last edited Apr 27, 2018 08:48AM) (new)

Linda Dobinson (baspoet) | 97 comments Hi Alannah,

I really assumed that the Monday poem was members own work and I never try to force my work on anyone and was quite upset when I thought I had. As you have asked I am happy to re-post. Sorry it won't be at the top of the thread.

Morning Broken Hearts

Pink clouds hover
in a pale blue sky,
and blackbirds sing
their notes written
on the wind.
While red hearts,
leftovers from the night,
shed blood with every beat
like trees shed leaves.

message 8: by Alannah (new)

Linda wrote: "Hi Alannah,

I really assumed that the Monday poem was members own work and I never try to force my work on anyone and was quite upset when I thought I had. As you have asked I am happy to re-post...."

Not to worry, I don't it was ever made 100% clear but hopefully, now you've started something that might be nice for the group. Thanks for posting your poem again.

message 9: by LauraT (new)

LauraT (laurata) | 13645 comments Mod
Thanks Linda - and Alannah for having taken care of things, after having discussed the thing among us

message 10: by Joan (last edited Apr 28, 2018 01:17PM) (new)

Joan Linda wrote: "Hi Alannah,

I really assumed that the Monday poem was members own work and I never try to force my work on anyone and was quite upset when I thought I had. As you have asked I am happy to re-post...."

Linda, the line about pink clouds reminded me of the weather ditty:
Red sky at morning/ Sailor take warning
Were you alluding to storm clouds?

message 11: by Linda (last edited Apr 30, 2018 08:51AM) (new)

Linda Dobinson (baspoet) | 97 comments Joan wrote: "Linda wrote: "Hi Alannah,

I really assumed that the Monday poem was members own work and I never try to force my work on anyone and was quite upset when I thought I had. As you have asked I am hap..."

No, not storm. Just early morning when the world is peaceful but regret isn't.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a really lovely poem, Linda. Thank you for sharing. I like the imagery of the hearts shedding blood like leaves.