Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Staked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #8)
This topic is about Staked
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Staked {April 27, 2018}

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
Apr 27th

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Posting here to get it in my notifs.

message 3: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 17964 comments Mod
Are you guys doing Scourged in May?... I need to make time to read THAT sometime soon...

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1129 comments End of May sounds good to me for next one. You Z? also haven't started, super busy at work today. Get off at 12:15, may start it tonight before I go to bed.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "End of May sounds good to me for next one. You Z? also haven't started, super busy at work today. Get off at 12:15, may start it tonight before I go to bed."

CRAP I'm sorry i didn't see this >.>
Um, end of May might work. I'll need to see. Definite maybe.
I wound up having my first day or work today so I didn't get to start either... I'm gonna start tonight. Catch up here again in the morning.
I promise to check back <3

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments I bookmarked this so I'll remember.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1129 comments So I read a lot yesterday at work, slow. 40% done. Definitely good so far. Don't remember what point a lot of what I want to say was at, so when you get this far (Chapter 12 if you're reading physical copy) we an talk more.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments I actually got on to ask you what chapter it was XD Thanks. I'll read more and update when I get home later.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Hey Liz! I', on page 151, chapter 13, post stalemate with the dark elves. I'm reading more tonight so if you want to start again you can :D

(view spoiler)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1129 comments For your spoiler. (view spoiler)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1129 comments Chapter 14: (view spoiler)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1129 comments Chapter 20 (view spoiler)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1129 comments And my question part of that was answered

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Chapter 14: [spoilers removed]"

I love Leif too! I'm not sure how i feel about him right now either, though :/

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Annnd i see you finished -_-
Sorry I'm such a slowpoke. I'll try to finish tonight and chat with you about it tomorrow.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments I'm on chapter 17 right now.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1129 comments you're all good Z! I did kinda speed through this at the expense of other books I was reading.

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Okay, finished! :D Thanks for your patience as always XD

I think Staked is the best Iron Druid since book 1. Honestly. It was plotted better than a lot of the others, and I felt like we saw the most character growth, especially in Owen. I know he's only been in two books but I already love him <3

(view spoiler)

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Also wanted to let you know I'm planning on reading the short story collection Besieged before I read the final book. Hopefully getting/reading it next month and you're more than welcome to buddy read it with me :D I just wanna get all the tidbits from the stories before we do Scourged, which we can do later this summer if that's okay with you?

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1129 comments I'll totally read Besieged with you.

(view spoiler)

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 47 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I'll totally read Besieged with you.

I'm scared for him too, but remember he has his amulet still that saved him before. Hopefully it can do it again.

What did you think of Hal? The new appren..."

Yay :D

(view spoiler)