Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
This topic is about Words of Radiance
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Words of Radiance {May 25, 2018}

Comments Showing 1-50 of 292 (292 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margret | 2977 comments Mod
Apr 25th

message 2: by Ahdam (new) - added it

Ahdam Rana | 2392 comments This came out of nowhere looks like I’m coming back to this one

Yanique Gillana | 737 comments Ahdam wrote: "This came out of nowhere looks like I’m coming back to this one"

Is it really out of nowhere though? I mean we just BR TWOK this month, lol.

message 4: by Ahdam (new) - added it

Ahdam Rana | 2392 comments I was thinking that you would read this next month or next week but oh well

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3828 comments My favorite book. Enjoy!

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments @Yanique: Margret typo'd that we are starting today in comment 1...

@Ahdam: If you read the title, we're actually reading this a month from today...

John (Js52000) | 5 comments I'm in, reading way of the King now.

Brian | 277 comments I’m in! Excited for this one

Sedat Yıldız | 263 comments Oh yes! I was looking for this. Definitely in :)

Beste | 1163 comments I don't mind reading Shallans back story as long as we see a lot of Kaladin :)

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments I think Kaladin really shines as the series progresses... and Shallan/Dalinar are tarnished... part of that is that Kaladin had his POVs first... they highlight the character flaws... or their accompanying present-day storyline does...

Shallan was my favorite character/storyline in the first book (until towards the end, anyway)...

Beste | 1163 comments Iain wrote: "I think Kaladin really shines as the series progresses... and Shallan/Dalinar are tarnished... part of that is that Kaladin had his POVs first... they highlight the character flaws... or their acco..."

Part of that actually comes from Kaladins spren. Its an honorspren. Eventhough he makes mistakes, he works hard to correct them. He suffers with his decisions and he repents. Thats probably what makes him the shining hero of the series.

I'm greatly disappointed to see Dalinar (view spoiler)

Shame...

Sedat Yıldız | 263 comments Can't wait to go home and start

Brian | 277 comments I can’t wait to get to it too. Maybe this weekend

Beste | 1163 comments Honor is dead but I will see what I can do . . .

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments That's my favorite chapter of this book Beste...

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments I started my re-read...

Prologue: (view spoiler)

First dream/vision: (view spoiler)

My perception of characters /events has definitely changed on this re-read, with what I know from the end of this book + Oathbringer...

Sergio (herculespoirot) | 34 comments Hello everyone!

My name is Sergio. I just finished the Second part of the book and I've enjoyed the progression on the characters of Shallan and Kaladin. I'm not very familiar to the hiding of spoilers and don't want to try it immediately, but I hope to catch up to everyone and keep reading together!!

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments I listened to Parts 1 & 2 at work last night...

Warbreaker readers: (view spoiler)

Rysn: (view spoiler)

Listener epigraphs in part 2: SOOO MANY SPOILERS to be deciphered here... these have been a real treat to re-read...

Eshonai: (view spoiler)

Sergio (herculespoirot) | 34 comments I'm really curious about The Desolations. It's obviously coming, with all it's dangers and monsters, but I can't really recall what happened during that time, which was explained in the first book The Way of Kings.

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments Sergio wrote: "I'm really curious about The Desolations. It's obviously coming, with all it's dangers and monsters, but I can't really recall what happened during that time, which was explained in the first book ..."

Desolation recap: (view spoiler)

Sergio (herculespoirot) | 34 comments Now I understand the Interludes of Part Two. I'm also curious about who was Zahel in the past, because I know for sure that the last part of the Interlude means something... [/spoiler] "He expected a voice to speak in his mind as he drifted off. Of course, there wasn't one. Hadn't been one in years" [/spoiler].

Btw, I think the spoiler thing I did there didn't work.

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments it's < spoiler > hidden text < /spoiler >

message 24: by Sergio (last edited May 27, 2018 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sergio (herculespoirot) | 34 comments Only for people who reached End of Part Two (view spoiler)

Sir Anni | 3918 comments @Sergio you have to remove the blank spaces between '<', 'spoiler' and '>'

And it would be great if you would check your comment after posting and edit the post and delete the part when it doesn't work... Thank you!

Sergio (herculespoirot) | 34 comments Thanks! Still learning, didn't know I could edit comments.

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments /facepalm... I was tired when I explained the right way to write spoilers... you need to be in desktop version of the site on PC or mobile browser app to see the edit button in the corner of your comments...

Sergio (herculespoirot) | 34 comments Thanks I got it right! Iain want to establish a goal for next weekend? Maybe finish Part Three or something.

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments I'm a terrible person to set reading goals with... I read fast... and this is a re-read so I'm doing 2x speed... will be done today or tomorrow... others have less time and more reasonable pace :)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2276 comments Sergio wrote: "Only for people who reached End of Part Two [spoilers removed]"

i have read this book thrice and (view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments Iain wrote: "That's my favorite chapter of this book Beste..."

It is mine too. I thought he gets a chance to prove himself, become more reliable so that ppl don't question his honesty. Then what happened after the tournament made me go 'People are bad Beste. Honor is dead'
That part literally put me in a depression for couple of days.

Sedat Yıldız | 263 comments I couldn't have time to read this in the weekend, still at %22 (part I finished, at Ch17)
Spoilers about part I

Shallan (view spoiler)

Kaladin! (view spoiler)

Dalinor & Adolin (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments @Beste: at least there is some payoff (view spoiler)... cause that part 3 ending caused me to pause for a few hours on my first read...

message 34: by Em Lost In Books (last edited May 27, 2018 11:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2276 comments @Sedat:

Shallan (view spoiler)

Kaladin (view spoiler)

Dalinar & Adolin (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments @Sedat: (view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments Iain wrote: "@Beste: at least there is some payoff [spoilers removed]... cause that part 3 ending caused me to pause for a few hours on my first read..."

Thanks for sharing :) I sometimes feel like an exaggerator for the reactions about the books I read.

Learning that I'm normal. I have to ask if you ever cursed out loud to Sadeas or Amaram :))))

Sedat Yıldız | 263 comments @Manju

(view spoiler)

@Iain (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments @Beste: Not so much... but I do hate them... (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 9804 comments @Sedat: You're going to love the chapter me and Beste were talking about earlier... chapter 56/57...

I'm nearing it again myself... giddy with anticipation...

And I can't wait for you guys to learn all the revelations/resolutions coming... watching your theories has me avoiding a minefield of spoilers...

Beste | 1163 comments @Sedat here is your spoiler boy (view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments @Iain what Adolin did about that was not satisfying at all though.

Sedat Yıldız | 263 comments Beste wrote: "@Sedat here is your spoiler boy ."

Arrrgh you guys make me worse! I can't work like this ok! All I can think of is WoR now, how am I supposed to focus on something :/

I'll definitely update you more from now on, and when I read the parts you are talking about :) Sorry I couldn't comment here much for the past 2 days, I read the Part I on friday and was hanging on to my comments :)

Iain @Sedat: You're going to love the chapter me and Beste were talking about earlier... chapter 56/57...

Stop! You are making it worse! I don't want to skip sleep!! lol

Brian | 277 comments I started tonight! Excited to see where this goes !

message 44: by Em Lost In Books (last edited May 28, 2018 04:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2276 comments i love chapter 56-57, i have read those chapters multiple times. the adrenaline and the tension, phew! it gives me goosebumps.

I also love 69-74 . they are kind of intimate in a way like you see a person for the very first time even though they were right in front of you all the while.

message 45: by Em Lost In Books (last edited May 28, 2018 04:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2276 comments @Sedat: (view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2276 comments Beste wrote: "@Iain what Adolin did about that was not satisfying at all though."

What did Adolin do?

Beste | 1163 comments Manju wrote: "Beste wrote: "@Iain what Adolin did about that was not satisfying at all though."

What did Adolin do?"

SPOILER(view spoiler)

Sedat Yıldız | 263 comments @Manju

(view spoiler)

@Beste, :((( I opened your last spoiler accidentally and read the first few words. Well on the bright side I'm kind of happy that justice will be served soon :)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2276 comments Ah that. (view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments Manju wrote: "Ah that. [spoilers removed]"

He isn't but (view spoiler) Ho-ho-ho!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6