Play Book Tag discussion

Member ChallengeTracking 2016-20 > Kirsten's 2018 Reading Challenges

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kris (new)

kris | 29 comments Jumping on board to all these activities SUPER late - but I'm really excited to use this group to enhance my reading journey in 2018!

My Listopia Challenge for this year is Best Aboriginal Canadian Literature:

1 - Birdie by Tracey Lindburg / Feb 21
2 - The Marrow Thieves / In Progress
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

Starting in March, I am trying to read a classic novel every month this year.

March - Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
April - Persuasion by Jane Austen
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

PBT Reads:

Strong Women - Persuasion by Jane Austen
Family Drama -

I also set my Reading Challenge to 30 books this year.

1 - Birdie by Tracey Lindburg - Feb 21
2 - Frog Music by Emma Donoghue - Mar 8
3 - Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 19
4 - American Gods by Neil Gaiman - April 9
5 - The Grip of It by Jac Jemc - April 12
6 - Persuasion by Jane Austen - April 17

message 2: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 9055 comments Hi, Kirsten! Nice to see you here, but I thought I'd mention that the Listopia challenge is meant for you to start reading the books after you choose the list. Let me find where it explains this...

I believe the reason is so that someone doesn't come along later in the year and just pick a list where they've already read a bunch of them. '

By the way, are you Canadian? I'm in Calgary, though I grew up in Southern Saskatchewan.

message 3: by LibraryCin (last edited Apr 25, 2018 04:46PM) (new)

LibraryCin | 9055 comments The first post in the Listopia Challenge thread says this:

"UPDATE: You can change your list BUT any books you read from your prior list selection will not carry over. So, choose wisely and make sure you can stick with your list once you start reading! In addition, you can only count books read since choosing your new list—so if you have read a couple books on the list already in Jan-Feb, but you pick the list in March, those previous books won't count."

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

The update was initially meant to cover someone changing their list, but I'm pretty sure it is meant for someone coming in new, as well. The second sentence kind of speaks to this.

ETA: Check page 4, starting at post 156 for more explanation.

message 4: by kris (new)

kris | 29 comments Hey, thanks for the clarification! I got a bit swamped with exams and whatnot the last few months but I am back! I live in Toronto, although I grew up in a smaller city about 2 hours away :) I'm gonna stick with my Listopia theme but scratch my two previously read entries as per the rules. I'm actually more excited to give more entries to a great list.