Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas, #1)
This topic is about Only the Innocent
Archive - Group Reads > Only the Innocent by Rachel Abbott - May 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Apr 25, 2018 04:16PM) (new)

Gem  | 1339 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers! This discussion is about Only the Innocent by Rachel Abbott and your hostess is Jenny.

Please note that our discussion can be about any and all aspects of the book: The theme, plot, story structure, characters, settings, etc. It is likely the discussion will contacts spoilers from the start. If you have not finished the book, be careful not to read the posts of others until the end.

Feel free to use spoiler formatting, instructions are in the upper right above the comment box.
Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas, #1) by Rachel Abbott Only the Innocent by Rachel Abbott Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas, #1) by Rachel Abbott

Summary

Every moment of Sir Hugo Fletcher’s life has been chronicled in the British press: his privileged upbringing, his high-profile charity work to end human trafficking—even his two marriages. But when the billionaire philanthropist is discovered murdered in his London home, tied naked to a bed, the scandal is only a shadow of the darkness lurking off-camera.

Laura Fletcher returns from an Italian vacation to find her husband dead and her home under siege by paparazzi. Is she shocked? Yes. But is she distraught? Not exactly. Especially when Chief Inspector Tom Douglas reveals his suspicions that Hugo’s killer is female. Laura always knew she wasn’t the only woman in Hugo’s life. And she knows she wasn’t the only one with a motive to kill.

The deeper Douglas digs, the more sordid details about Hugo Fletcher he uncovers. And yet nothing compares to the secret Laura guards, a secret that could bring the guilty to justice—or destroy an innocent life forever.

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* (sandyj21) | 1970 comments I read this a while back, but still remember it reasonably well and am keen to participate in the discussion once some more of you have finished reading. 😎

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hi, my name is Jenny, and I am the hostess for this book discussions. I will be providing some discussion question to help facilitate the discussion.

I look forward to reading this book and joining in with the discussion.

message 4: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1339 comments Mod
I've got a copy of this from the library, it's been sitting on my night stand for a couple of weeks. I need to sit down and figure out a reading schedule for myself, I hope to get started on this book within a few days.

Jenny (diggensjenny) I have finished reading this book, and I did enjoy it.

Couple of questions to think about while reading this book.

1. What are your views on the plot?
2. Do you like the way Rachel Abbott portrayed her characters?

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica | 46 comments Well this is kind of useless comment from me, but I can't believe my library does not have this book or in fact any of the Rachel Abbott's books.
The books synopsis is very interesting and I will look if I can find this book in Kindle. I don't like reading ebooks but this does sound interesting.

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1284 comments I'm having trouble with the lead character because warning bells were sounding from the beginning. I can't believe how naive she is. Why he doesn't take her to see the house.

Susan in Perthshire (susanageofaquarius) A riveting first chapter and then downhill for me. I have read a couple of Rachel Abbot’s books and I am not blown away. I look forward to the discussions.

Jenny (diggensjenny) I was very disappointed with this book. The plot of Only the Innocent a little bit confusing and unbelievable and let me hang in parts of the book. I rated 3 stars. I did like the way Rachel Abbot described some of her characters. I did not like the way Rachel Abbot portrayed Lady Laura Fletcher and Detective Chief Inspector Tom Douglas. However, I like that Rachel Abbot highlights illegal sex trade.