Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Writer's Corner > ✵Writers: Let's chat about the Angels in our novels

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 509 comments Mod
Are you writing a book with angels in it? Are they good or evil? Are they fallen angels?

message 2: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 509 comments Mod
Is there anything unique about your angels?

message 3: by J.F. (new)

J.F. Holland (jfholland) | 55 comments I have a minor character in my PNR Serial, a Dream Demon called Adlucinor who is a fallen angel. He was banished to live in the fae realm which is on another plain that runs alongside earth. He was originally cursed so looked very different in the beginning than he should have done. As for good, yes, his job is to watch over humans and keep nightmares at bay.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Elsborg My latest book is about an angel - it's called Archangel's Assassin. West works for an archangel and his job is to destroy supernatural creatures who kill others. But he's treading a fine line between doing the right thing and not. I've written a few with angels as leads. I think one of my favourite ones is Power of Love - which is about a dead cop who takes a while to accept he's an angel - well, almost an angel.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Milos | 16 comments I'm writing a series of books that include Angels, named Angels and Avalon. The Angels are subject to flaws as much as any race. They were created by the God and Goddess without the Others, and therefore aren't subject to time, death (though their energy/spirit can be ended and they just stop existing like the gods do).

The Fallen are a special race of Angels who were kicked out of Heaven by God and stripped of their powers. In lust for power and while in Hell, they became twisted and evil instead of earning their wings back.

Lucifer is a very different gender-bending Lucifer, who believes his purpose is the darker side of Joy and just wants Heaven to accept that some Angels aren't made for light and love.

Many of the Angels succumb to their flaws, some decide to become mortal, and they keep interfering in mortals' lives, especially my MC and supporting characters' lives. Two novels are out right now Angels and Avalon and Demons and Destiny, with six more on the way in the next 2 years. Some Angels give up the powers and Angelic bodies they have to be reborn as humans and try to find the women they love, with or without success.

Short answer: it's complicated.

message 6: by M.H. (new)

M.H. Barton (auguy86) | 8 comments One of my stories actually has the Archangel Michael as a minor character. I have him characterized as quiet, proper, and civilized, but also a powerful and brilliant military leader. In the one or two scenes where he's actually required to engage directly, the message is clear: piss him off at your own risk. Only a side character, but one that was very fun to include.

message 7: by Randi (new)

Randi (randipander) | 2 comments I have Angels and Demons in my series along with Greek and Norse Gods, Dragons, Phoenix, and other Mythical creatures. In my series Angels and Demons work together and either can be good or bad.

message 8: by Richard (new)

Richard Knaak (richardknaak) | 6 comments While the main character in my Black City Saint series used to be St. George, there's another saint who shows up at times, the archangel Michael. He is not supposed to be there and when he does show up, Nick Medea (St. George's current alias in Prohibition Chicago) usually finds himself in more complicated situations.

There are hints that Michael also feels some guilt for what may have been his involvement in Nick's current curse, which not only forces him to be the guardian of the gate between our world and Feirie, but also fight to contain the essence of the dragon he slew, within him.

message 9: by M.F. (last edited Jun 25, 2021 07:37PM) (new)

M.F. Hopkins | 19 comments Oh... probably my fave topic!
I write Paranormal Urban Fantasy/Romance which features angels
from the Hebrew and Christian canon; they are angels in the heavenly realm, the fallen ones on earth, and the evil ones (demons) in hell.
In my books, the archangel Michael is not nice (the dude has issues), the devil is darkly humorous, and the fallen Watchers just want to live their lives without any interference from the heavenly or hellish realms. Of course, added into the mix are the Watchers' significant others, shifters and vampires, a former incubus, elderly 'white' witches, cool pets, a meddling saint who loves designer clothes, and a weird, uncontrollable phenomenon that occurs in the sky.
I'm working on the 3rd book of the trilogy, and it's taking me forever to complete. I am a slow writer and have a day job. lol