Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge discussion

18 views
2018 Level 4 (Super Extra) > Hilary de Wytch is going for Gold!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (last edited Apr 25, 2018 08:35AM) (new)

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 106 comments B) Read one book from these sub-genres:

Two from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- Two from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- Two from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- Two from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- Two from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
- Two career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.) - 
- Two holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- Two travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- Two historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- Twois your choice! (freebie!)


message 5: by Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (last edited Apr 25, 2018 08:42AM) (new)


message 6: by Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (last edited Apr 25, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 106 comments Cozy mysteries based outside the US

- Cruel Winter by Sheila Connolly Cruel Winter (County Cork #5) by Sheila Connolly

- Aunty Lee's Delights by Ovidia Yu Aunty Lee's Delights (Singaporean Mystery #1) by Ovidia Yu


message 7: by Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (last edited Apr 27, 2018 03:50AM) (new)

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 106 comments Career-based cozy mystery

- Cancelled by Murder by Jean Flowers Cancelled by Murder (Postmistress Mystery #2) by Jean Flowers (postmistress)

- The Spook in the Stacks by Eva Gates The Spook in the Stacks (Lighthouse Library Mystery #4) by Eva Gates (librarian)


message 9: by Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (last edited Jun 04, 2018 05:44AM) (new)


message 10: by Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (last edited Apr 25, 2018 09:00AM) (new)


message 11: by Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (last edited Apr 25, 2018 09:06AM) (new)


message 14: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Hilary S wrote: "Extras :D

- Tail of the Dragon by Connie di Marco Tail of the Dragon (Zodiac Mystery #3) by Connie di Marco
- A Turn for the Bad by [author:Sheila Connolly|1178460..."



Nice going


Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 106 comments Joanne wrote: "Hilary S wrote: "Extras :D

- Tail of the Dragon by Connie di Marco Tail of the Dragon (Zodiac Mystery #3) by Connie di Marco
- A Turn for the Bad by [author:Sheila..."


Thank you Joanne!


message 16: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Hilary S wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Hilary S wrote: "Extras :D

- Tail of the Dragon by Connie di Marco Tail of the Dragon (Zodiac Mystery #3) by Connie di Marco
- A Turn for the Bad by..."



No worries I like some of your reads too. Look good.


message 19: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
I must be living under a tree, cause I haven't heard of half the authors you gave read.


message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 331 comments Britney wrote: "I must be living under a tree, cause I haven't heard of half the authors you gave read."

The series by Maddie Day is fantastic as is the series by Ellie Alexander. I haven’t personally read the series by Gail Oust but my mother couldn’t put them down.


Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) | 106 comments Shannon wrote: "Britney wrote: "I must be living under a tree, cause I haven't heard of half the authors you gave read."

The series by Maddie Day is fantastic as is the series by Ellie Alexander. I haven’t person..."


It took me a while to start the Gail Oust ones - but once I did I couldn't stop reading them (and I keep hoping there will be another one).


message 22: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 650 comments Mod
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Britney wrote: "I must be living under a tree, cause I haven't heard of half the authors you gave read."

The series by Maddie Day is fantastic as is the series by Ellie Alexander. ..."


I do have the first in the series on my TBR.


message 23: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (smmolloy1105) | 331 comments Britney wrote: "Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Britney wrote: "I must be living under a tree, cause I haven't heard of half the authors you gave read."

The series by Maddie Day is fantasti..."


I’m not a binge reader in terms of having to read an entire series back to back but I read the first three books in 5 days, back to back. I hope you enjoy the first.


back to top