American Lit discussion

Answer Question

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Alas | 3 comments Mod
What was your first reaction to the book? Please explain.

message 2: by Angel (new)

Angel Granados | 3 comments What book!?

message 3: by Alberto (new)

Alberto | 3 comments At first when I began reading my book it seemed boring but after I read the first chapter it got really interesting to me.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Ruiz | 4 comments What feelings did the book you're reading evoke to you?

message 5: by Donaven (new)

Donaven | 1 comments Based on your reaction what would you rate your book and why?

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian Ruiz | 4 comments My first reaction to the book was, you don't know what coming up next or just in general eye opening. Why ? Well because it tell the story of two perspectives of two different people. I would rate this book 4 out of 5 because it give me an adrenaline to keep reading to find out what's will happen.

message 7: by Zulet (new)

Zulet Cervantes | 2 comments The feelings that the book i'm reading brought to me was pure distress and shock due to the fact that the book i'm reading is about a girl who took her own life and her loved ones are trying to figure out why. So far I would rate this book as an 8 because this book is very descriptive which gives me a visual of what is happening throughout the story. Having this visual allows me to have a better understanding of how the characters feels in the book.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

My reactions to the was that it was good because it's so fascinating because the beginning of the book starts off with suspense. And it wants you reading more. I would rate the book a 4/5 because it is so good but for now I believe it's a 4.

message 9: by Alberto (new)

Alberto | 3 comments Donaven wrote: "Based on your reaction what would you rate your book and why?"

Throughtout the book I felt like the actions would take to long in the story which caused me to get bored at times but on the other hand it also helped me remember about things and thats why I would rate my book a 3 out of 5.

message 10: by Angel (new)

Angel Granados | 3 comments Based on my reaction I would rate my book 5 stars because the book is starting off great and has a lot of information with a lot of history as well. This book has shown a lot with in the history of Pelè. He has shown us history through his path of being a professional athlete (soccer player).

message 11: by Brian (new)

Brian Ruiz | 4 comments With the reaction of your book, would you recommend it to anybody else? When reading your book did you have any personal connection while reading the book?

message 12: by Angel (new)

Angel Granados | 3 comments With my reaction to the book, I would recommend it to all the soccer players/athletes in the world because it brings a lot of people together and teaches you the history of a human being. However, it doesn't just teach you the history of this human being it was has a lot of history about other people and over the years. People should read this amazing book. When I began reading this book I had so many personal connections because I had gone through/going through the experiences this man had. Also this powerful quote from the book by Pele, “I know in my heart that soccer was good to me, and great to the world….I saw, time and again, how the sport improved countless millions of lives, both on and off the field. For me, at least, that’s why soccer matters.” This quote has stuck with me throughout the book because it is true in every way for me as a soccer player, friend, person, and a dreamer.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

With my first reaction to the book I would recommend it to someone else that likes to read a thriller and action because it has plenty of that. I personally didn't have any sort of type of connection because it's about like young criminals and in not a criminal so I really couldn't connect to it in a personal level.

message 14: by Zulet (new)

Zulet Cervantes | 2 comments In all honesty I would absolutely recommend the book I am reading to those who love books with a little mystery to it. This book is mainly about a friend is trying to find out the reason her best friend deciding to take her own life. Shes essentially putting all the puzzle pieces together along the book and finds out new things about her best friend she never even knew. Personally I like this book due to the cliff hangers because it makes me want to read more which is why I really recommend it. I do not have a personal connection to this book because I haven't had one of my close friends pass away without an explanation there.

message 15: by Alberto (new)

Alberto | 3 comments Throughout my experience with the plague by Albert Campus I have found it to be really interesting so far since I've just got to the part where the actual plague starts but I have not found any connections through the book and I. In my opinion I think it's a really interesting book where you feel like your in the book so I would recommend it.

message 16: by Brian (new)

Brian Ruiz | 4 comments With my reaction of my book I would totally recommend this to anyone who can relate to survival. This book has many situations, with that happening a lot of stuff goes through your head wonder this, wonder that. When reading my book there were some parts that I could relate to but at the same time parts of the book I could not relate to it. For example, one of the parts it said how they had tp take care of the small children from danger I can relate to this because I have a niece who I love and care and I´ll do anything to protect her, so yes I can relate to this.