The Fairy Book Club discussion

Archives > Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 48 comments Has anyone read this? It might be the single most hysterical book written. I can’t read it in public anymore because I get laughing so hard to myself that I start crying and then hyperventilating.

If you haven’t read it, put it on your list.

If you have read it, share your favorite parts!

XOXOX

K

Veronica ⭐️ | 18 comments Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson

I’ll have to add this to my TBR. I love a book that will give me a laugh.

message 3: by Renata (new)

Renata | 30 comments I have read this book. Received it as a gift for my birthday last November. An absolutely hilarious one, I can relate to being unable to read it in public. I loved the entire parts about the stuffed bear and raccoons. And trying to get her cats to pose with them.

message 4: by Ester (new)

Ester Litago Rabasco (estercristinanoelia) | 85 comments It sounds really fun! I'll write it down :)

message 5: by Stella (new)

Stella I checked it out from the public library and found it hilarious. Even her chronic pain is made into sympathizing laughter. (Of course, I have chronic pain, so maybe it was something I could relate to?) Highly recommend.

message 6: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm with a Witchface (dianablackmoon) I just want to buy this book to every sad-face I know :D

message 7: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 48 comments I want to buy it for every face period I see! Even happy people because there are happy people who don’t know about midnight cat rodeos and then there’s the rest of us.

I loved how she became BFF’s with the lady who threw the spoon in the pool in her head. Hahah! I’ve completely made unknowing BFF’s with people I don’t know.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Czyzewski  | 17 comments Ok, you readers convinced me. I downloaded this yesterday on my Nook. It looks different than anything I've ever read before and that makes me happy!

message 9: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 5 comments I loved this book and I really needed this book! So relatable and so funny, I have to get my own copy since I took it out of my library. I always need a good laugh but this is a good laugh about things that I need to laugh about, having had emotional problems myself my whole life. Thanks so much for recommending this one!

message 10: by Cortney (new)

Cortney | 71 comments Alissa wrote: "I loved this book and I really needed this book! So relatable and so funny, I have to get my own copy since I took it out of my library. I always need a good laugh but this is a good laugh about th.
Have you read Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir ?!?!?!?! I about peed my pants, between the elephant and the stick it notes I was dying inside from laughing so hard! Her poor husband!

message 11: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 5 comments I haven’t but I definitely will!! Thanks for telling me about it!

message 12: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 48 comments I just finished Let’s Pretend This Never Happened! I laughed so hard I peed!

message 13: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 5 comments Hahahaha, can’t wait to read it then - but on a waterproof surface! 🤣

message 14: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia (cordeliareads) | 324 comments Mod
Oh wow this book sounds brilliant! Thanks for the recommendation :)