Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Acceptable Losses
This topic is about Acceptable Losses
Book Issues > Obscure Edition - Needs Details Added

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jess Hast | 12 comments I've recently come into possession of a paperback copy of Irwin Shaw's "Acceptable Losses", published by New English Library in 1984.

The ISBN number is 0450056791 and this takes me to a page which is missing the cover, page numbers, etc.

I've found a few different images of the cover online: one, two, three. Not sure which would be best - it's a metallic cover, so there are few clear images of it.

My copy has 271 pages.

I would really appreciate it if someone could fill in these details to create a more complete book listing. If there's any other information I could provide for you, please let me know!

Thank you.

message 2: by Bea (new)

Bea The covers you list do not match the one on Amazon. GR only accepts covers from a certain list of places. Can you tell me the source of the covers you list? Alternatively, you can scan your own cover and add it to your profile and a librarian can add it to the book.

Other details updated using Worldcat and Amazon.

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14839 comments The first two links are to Amazon and AbeBooks, respectively, so they would be acceptable sources.

Jess, please always link to the full page instead of just the image, because we need to be able to check the edition details to make sure it is the right one.

message 4: by Bea (new)

Bea lethe wrote: "The first two links are to Amazon and AbeBooks, respectively, so they would be acceptable sources."

When I first read your response, lethe, I wondered how you knew? Duh, it is in the http header!

message 5: by Bea (new)

Bea Cover added from Abebooks.

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14839 comments Bea wrote: "lethe wrote: "The first two links are to Amazon and AbeBooks, respectively, so they would be acceptable sources."

When I first read your response, lethe, I wondered how you knew? Duh, it is in the..."

(Had missed your reply before)

:-)