Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Upcoming Blog Tours

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darren (new)

Darren Jorgensen | 11 comments Hi,

I came to this folder and found it empty. I dont know if that is because no one thinks to use this topic heading or because we are not allowed to use it. For that matter, I do not know if regular members are allowed to start topics or only moderators. Oh well. If I have done something wrong then slap me and delete my words.

I thought this was a perfect topic for so many of us! I know how hard it is to get bloggers interested in participating in my blog tour, and I know there are bloggers out there who say they want to participate in them, so here is our chance.

I thought if we authors could write our info down, say our name, title of book, link to book on Goodreads, and what we are expecting from our participants, then bloggers searching through could contact anyone who has an upcoming tour.

Likewise, I thought if the bloggers could indicate their interest in participating in tours, what kinds of tours they prefer (romance, western, thriller, etc) and whatever else they feel is pertinent, then authors could look you up just as easily.

Shall we try it? Or maybe more importantly, am I going to get in trouble for posting all this? I will go first.
--------------------------------------
NAME: Darren M. Jorgensen
TITLE: Finding Max
TYPE: Full blog tour
BOOK LINK: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
SIGNUP: https://goo.gl/forms/GL7217ODnEVwMHeb2
---------------------------------------------------------------------

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 13 comments Https://devouringbooks2017.wordpress.com

I do reviews of YA fantasy for the most part. Uhmmm... hmm what else.. I accept review requests either through goodreads or the contact page on my blog.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Jaye | 43 comments Chesara Box set (Hybrid 1-5) by Emma Jaye
Title: Chesara Box set.
Genre: Reverse Harem Sci fi.

message 4: by Tana (last edited Apr 25, 2018 04:54AM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14676 comments Mod
this was an old heading - a year a two ago we used to do blog tours for authors free in this group, but it ended up way to much work to run in the group it was almost life a full time job. We only have a few active moderators, and everyone is busy with their work and family life. That's why the topic was called Making Connections Blog Tours. There is a different section to post about upcoming blog tours, so I moved the thread to the correct spot.

Also feel free to post or start a post in any section besides the ARR Genre's. Hope that helps.

message 5: by Darren (new)

Darren Jorgensen | 11 comments I am so sorry, You had told me there was a spot for blog tours and I came to this spot last night and thought that this was it. I am getting so turned around and confused on Goodreads that I am making mistakes all over the place. I did a similar embarrassing thing in my Canadian Content group and got my hands proverbially slapped! Ouch. It hurts my ego. Seriously, it is embarrassing to be the new kid on the block and not know how things are supposed to run.

I guess I just thought this must be the place because why else would it be available?

Eating a slice of humble pie,
Darren

message 6: by Tana (last edited Apr 25, 2018 03:16PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14676 comments Mod
Darren it no big deal in this group, if I find something in the wrong spot I just move it to the correct place. We understand that its takes time to get used of goodreads and we would never get upset about any of this stuff. Have fun, talk to other authors/members that's why I made the group. - To Make Connections.