BookLovers discussion

Book Talk > Divergent

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone This is the place to let everyone know what you think of the popular series divergent :)

I'll start : I LOVED it. The first book was amazing, however, after that the books went downhill. It was still a good series though. The ending was unexpected and a tiny bit disappointing.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) i liked Divergent, but was a bit short with the movie. I felt they cut out too many important parts from the book. I currently have Insurgent as an audiobook, and so far, it is promising. :)

Tris is one of my fave heroines. I'm even planning to get the same tattoo. LOL

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone I liked the movie but it could have been better .. Insurgent wasn't too bad ! Allegiant was nowhere near as good though .. it was disappointing .. It would be very cool to get the same tattoo !

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Adriana wrote: "I liked the movie but it could have been better .. Insurgent wasn't too bad ! Allegiant was nowhere near as good though .. it was disappointing .. It would be very cool to get the same tattoo !"

I'd say the same for the movie... but Theo James.. Made it so worth watching. LOL. Come on. Agree with me that he has that Tobias feel to him. :)

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone I agree with you Sandee he was preeety good ! ;) I didn't love Shailene though, she is a good actor I just didn't think she was as good of a Tris as I wanted her to be.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Adriana wrote: "I agree with you Sandee he was preeety good ! ;) I didn't love Shailene though, she is a good actor I just didn't think she was as good of a Tris as I wanted her to be."

Right. I think she was better as Hazel than Tris. :)

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone I haven't see the fault in our stars yet .. I downloaded in onto my phone and I keep meaning to watch it but I either don't feel like it or I'm too busy ..

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (shereadsatnight) Adriana wrote: "I haven't see the fault in our stars yet .. I downloaded in onto my phone and I keep meaning to watch it but I either don't feel like it or I'm too busy .."

Please do watch it when you get the time. It's an awesome adaptation of the book. :)

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Okay :) I will for sure. I have seen the trailers and it looks like something I will enjoy.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) | 68 comments Read the book haven't seen the movie but hoping to soon. Anyway loved the book and the whole series.

message 11: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone You should watch the movie ! It was very good and I wasn't disappointed

message 12: by Cindy ♥ (new)

Cindy ♥ I LOVE and am obsessed with Divergent. :) I've seen the movie at least 9 times and have a whole shrine on my bookshelf of the books. I'm such a fangirl and live in that fandom.

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone Haha that's awesome ! I've never been obsessed with anything but Divergent is a good book/movie !

message 14: by Keri (new)

Keri hoping to watch the movie soon but loved the books. the ending was highly disappointing but i can see why she chose to end it the way she did (i guess)