Beta Reader Group discussion

A Shot of Irish
This topic is about A Shot of Irish
Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Need BETAs for the 2nd Book of the Ray Irish Mystery Series

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gordon (last edited May 13, 2018 10:17AM) (new) - added it

Gordon Brewer (gordonbrewer) | 5 comments Final edits are complete on a new 2nd book of the series called Die If You Want Praise.

I need a beta reader or two or three - more is better...:o). It's a hard-boiled mystery in the vein of Phillip Marlowe or Sam Spade with a dash of occult/supernatural (Book 3 will wrap that angle up). First book has good reviews so be the first to check out this new story.

Overview:

Ray Irish is a new shamus (private detective for non-film noir buffs) in notoriously corrupt Oyster City in the late 1940s. Notorious for having more murders than Chicago, the city hides a secret along with a blood cult lurking in the shadows.
When a pretty Filipino woman shows up with a mysterious and expensive ring, he becomes involved in a baffling case of kidnapping. However, a series of ghoulish murders which start inside an art center, leaves Irish juggling with two separate cases along with an array of suspects. Yet, in the background, something even more sinister awaits Irish and his closest friends.

Expectations are beta reading for continuity and readability. You don't have to know the time period per se. My biggest concerns are the complexity of the plot, subplots along with any characters you feel are underdeveloped, etc. You can read my first book chapters on Amazon or on my website (http://gordonbrewer.com) to get a feel for the style.

Send over a PM and I can send over in pdf or word format. I appreciate the look over.

message 2: by Gordon (new) - added it

Gordon Brewer (gordonbrewer) | 5 comments Still looking for a beta reader if interested. I've edited this post to reflect the latest news.