What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > South Carolina beach book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 5 comments I'm trying to remember the name and author of a book I read over 10 years ago. The plot focused on a group of people who met up at an old beach house. If I remember correctly, some people didn't know one another until they met up at the house. One man had recently lost his wife and was in despair and the others were trying to help him. The characters were each unique and there were different story lines about them and how they all ended up interacting with each other. There was some mystery involved as well. I'm thinking this book was set in the low country of South Carolina. I've read Monroe, Frank and Siddons but I can't seem to find that it was one of their books. I know this isn't much to go on but maybe someone will remember.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments You should use the edit button next to the topic and move this into "UNSOLVED one specific book" folder....people might see it and be able to help you if it is in the right spot

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 5 comments Thank you for the suggestion.

Amanda wrote: "You should use the edit button next to the topic and move this into "UNSOLVED one specific book" folder....people might see it and be able to help you if it is in the right spot"

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Bailey | 102 comments It's set in Nantucket so not the right place but The Beach House by Jane Green is a similar story

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36528 comments Mod
The Beach House by Jane Green - Emma's suggestion

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
None of these match your description exactly, but in case you're misremembering some details:

One Summer

Beach Girls

Bullets of Rain

message 7: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments One Siddons's book is Islands which somewhat fits.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Apr 26, 2018 03:56PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 40625 comments Mod
What's the genre? Romance, mystery/suspense, chick lit?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40625 comments Mod
Debbie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?