Audiobooks discussion

Please...Don't Kill Me:  The True Story of the Milo Murders
This topic is about Please...Don't Kill Me
Free Promos for Review > True Crime - seeking reviewers

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments A fascinating book about a crime that baffled police in Ohio. A famous private investigator is brought in to work with police to try and solve the case. Written by the investigator.

"I don't care who you hire, or what the company has to pay him…so long as he's the best there is."

This anguished cry from the wife of murder victim Dean Milo would draw private investigator Bill Dear into one of the most frustrating, and ultimately triumphant, cases of his career.

Dean Milo was a phenomenally successful businessman who built a tiny family business into a $50-million-a-year corporation. Along the way, he established a lengthy list of enemies that began with his immediate family and stretched throughout the social and business community. His fast-track ride to the top came to a violent halt on August 11, 1980, when Milo was found dead in his luxurious Ohio home, shot twice in the head. A blank telegram form lay nearby.

Four months after his death, the investigation remained a confusing collection of non sequiturs. Clues pointed toward Milo's involvement with the Mafia, the drug world, and the gay community. His own family refused to cooperate with the authorities. And time was ticking by.

In desperation, Maggie Milo turned to Texas private eye, Bill Dear. This is the gripping story of the remarkable collaboration between Dear and the police detectives of Akron, Ohio, that led to 11 convictions, an Ohio record. It is also a tale of the human weakness, desperation, and overwhelming greed that led to a sudden death.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Nonfiction...

Rabid Reader (rabidreaderreviews) | 59 comments Hey Scott,
I’m a bit behind posting reviews as I’m in Barbados but if you send me it I get round to it when I get home

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Bet it's beautiful there! I'm in no rush; I know you'll give a listen and review when you get around to it. Just sent. Cheers.

Scott

Kelly | 183 comments I’d be interested. Bardicfaerie@yahoo.ca

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Just sent you a promo code. Thanks!

Scott

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Just sent you a promo code for the book. Thanks.

Scott

message 7: by Rick B (new)

Rick B (rickyralf) | 27 comments I would be interested. It sounds like an exciting book for my first-ever review for promo code. rickyralf@yahoo.com

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Thanks, Rick. Just e-mailed you a promo code with instructions for redeeming it. Cheers.

Scott

message 9: by Edward (new)

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 561 comments jagsed5@hotmail.com

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Sent. Enjoy.

message 11: by Edward (new)

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 561 comments Scott wrote: "Sent. Enjoy."thanks

message 12: by Rick B (new)

Rick B (rickyralf) | 27 comments Thanks Scott, got the code. I'm just on my way to visit my mother, who is having surgery tomorrow. I'll hopefully get to start listening in a few days.

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Best wishes on her surgery. Pleased don't feel rushed on your review. Listen when it's convenient.

Cheers,
Scott

message 14: by Ron (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ron Shaw | 420 comments Beam me up Mr. Scott? Sonevar@Yahoo.com
Have to hike the volume up as my ears still haven't cleared all the way.... but I'm back

message 15: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Welcome back! Got it one its way through the electrons of the interweb via e-mail. Enjoy.

Scott

message 16: by Shane (new)

Shane Phillips | 91 comments any left? shanemp@gmail.com

message 17: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Just sent you one.

message 18: by Warren (new)

Warren Benton | 24 comments If you still need reviews I will give it a listen. warrenbenton@hotmail.com

message 19: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Warren wrote: "If you still need reviews I will give it a listen. warrenbenton@hotmail.com"

Thanks Warren! Just sent you a promo code via e-mail.

Scott

message 20: by Kim (new)

Kim Ramirez (goodreadscomkimlsbn) Hi Scott, if you still need reviews I'm happy to give a listen to "Please...Don't Kill Me"...thanks so much!

message 21: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Hi Kim,

Thanks for your interest. I am currently out of promo codes. If I had one, I would gladly send it to you. Cheers.

Scott

Kelly | 183 comments Reviews are up at Goodreads, Audible, and Amazon.ca

message 23: by Scott (new)

Scott Bennett | 493 comments Thank you for listening and reviewing.

Victoria Haugen (victoriahaugen) | 97 comments I'd love to read and review if still possible - victoriahaugen@yahoo.com