Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Admin Announcements > INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Comments Showing 1-50 of 468 (468 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Kiersten, Mod (last edited Apr 25, 2018 08:19AM) (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 508 comments Mod
Hi newcomers! Our old intro thread was getting a bit massive, so I've archived it and started a new one.

I'm Kiersten Fay, author of PNR and UF, but first and foremost, I'm a reader, and love finding new authors and chatting about books.

Welcome! We are a happy friendly group of dedicated bibliophiles!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself, tell us a little about yourself, and what you are currently reading.

message 2: by BookAddict (new)

BookAddict | 1 comments Hi there, I'm amy. I live in Co with a bunch of dogs, a cat, and a dude. :) I'm currently between books right now. Not sure what to start next.

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 6 comments Hi, I'm Teresa Roman, author of both contemporary and paranormal romance. I'm also a HUGE reader, which is why I'm here. I live in Sacramento, CA, with 3 kids, 3 cats and 1 dog. I work in the medical field and right now I'm reading The Hiding Place The Triumphant True Story of Corrie Ten Boom by Corrie ten Boom because I'm a sucker for a good WWII novel.

message 4: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Hi Amy! I'm a writer and a reader, too - write paranormal romantic suspense but don't always read it (though often I do!). I just finished this one and it was hilarious and steamy - loved it. Tangled

message 5: by J.F. (last edited Apr 26, 2018 05:41AM) (new)

J.F. Holland (jfholland) | 55 comments Kiersten wrote: "Hi newcomers! Our old intro thread was getting a bit massive, so I've archived it and started a new one.

I'm Kiersten Fay, author of PNR and UF, but first and foremost, I'm a reader, and love find..."

Hi Kiersten, I'm Julie and I write Heated Contemporary and PNR under my maiden name JF Holland.

Like yourself, I too am a reader first, therefore, I like to think that I add some realism to my characters and I've often been told they are relatable. I even got a message from a male reader saying he felt like I'd written his life in a book... not the first time I've been told I write like a man, eeek.

In my books I have a bit of everything, suspense, gore, humour, local myths, relationship issue and heartbreak.

As for what I read, I read what I write, contemporary and paranormal romance. I also enjoy a good regency and a bit of highlanders, these I don't write as not my forte and I don't think I'd do them justice. That being said, though, I do have a highland wolf in my pnr serial lol

message 6: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Hiya everyone! I'm a rabid reader... and I have two books out in a PNR suspense series. This is a great group - my fave GR group, in fact. Look forward to seeing everyone around!

message 7: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Welcome everyone!

message 8: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) Hello! I'm Holly and I am not a writer!! I draw a bit and I'd call myself 'artsy.' I also love WWE wrestling and I devour books and comics with a passion.

My favorite genres are UF and Fantasy with heavy emphasis on shifters, magic or some type of mythology. I especially love anything with mermaids or unicorns. Because I can. :)

I'm currently reading Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline , which is narrated by Will Wheaton and quite good.

message 9: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Welcome Holly! Welcome to the group. :)

message 10: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) =D

message 11: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Watts | 36 comments Welcome all!

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (orchid7) | 3 comments Hi, everyone! I'm Debbie, and I live near Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I've been a member of Goodreads since 2012, but I've only really started getting more active on here about a year ago.

I enjoy reading romance of all types, cozy mysteries, suspense, paranormal/UF, and YA. I occasionally read erotica, fantasy/sci-fi, biographies, and historical or women's fiction.

I am not a writer either (yet- anyway...) but I have started writing a lot of book reviews! I plan to start my own blog soon.

Feel free to send a friend request- I'd love to get more connected here on Goodreads! It's always good to see what everyone thinks about what they're reading, and I love to talk about books! ;)

message 13: by Bunnycore (new)

Bunnycore | 28 comments Hello everyone, i'm bunny. I'm not a writer, my grammar sucks too bad for that. Which you'd find out spending more than 2 minutes with me. I'm a Texan from Texas who lives in Texas at the moment. I know shocker right? I haven't always lived in Texas, I'm my family's gypsy nomad. I came home to take care of my grandmother who has Alzheimer's. It's a horrible disease, but we keep her happy.

I'm in the middle of starting my own buisness. I work with a lot of digital and non digital media. So Web Design, buisness card, music flyers. So on and so forth. Photoshop is in my blood and my artistic outlet. I do a lot of work for local and small buisnesses but i want to branch out.

Anyways, i'm a hardcore biblophile who has obsessive tendencies. Which means i am a shopoholic and yea thats for books. Which is really funny for a minimalist like myself. Everything i own fits in a duffle i know this because i packed it a few weeks ago to go on a trip. Except for my books. So it's going to be intresting to see what happens when i go back on the road. (I wont be selling them)

I love PNR and Urban fantasy, I am on the darker side with my romance's as well as Reverse Harems. Love them and can't seem to get enough of them. I do read contemporary romance as well but again has to be on the darker side. Hit me up, if you want to talk books or even just go into the curently reading thread i do haunt that area. I don't play much in games. But i do challenge myself. Starting tomorrow i will be reading only kindle freebies. Just to see if i can go a month without buying anything.

message 14: by Nerdy Werewolf (new)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) BUNNY!! Guys, Bunny's the best. You're going to love her!

message 15: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Welcome all you newcomers. So great to have you in the group!

message 16: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Bunnycore wrote: "Hello everyone, i'm bunny. I'm not a writer, my grammar sucks too bad for that. Which you'd find out spending more than 2 minutes with me. I'm a Texan from Texas who lives in Texas at the moment. I..."

Ooo you sound like my kind of girl. I'd love to hear know what are your favorite romance and paranormal romance reads? If you have any series you adore, please tell-me-tell-me!

message 17: by Bunnycore (last edited Apr 30, 2018 09:36PM) (new)

Bunnycore | 28 comments @Errin girl where do i begin. Now everyone i ever talk to runs straight for Black Dagger Brotherhood, now they ain't bad (did I mention i was Texan, ain'ts a word and I'm stickin to it.)

But if you want to know, some really good erotica comes from the worst covers. I won't lie, now that's for erotica.

As for series. Lets see i would start you with "Vampire Favors" Push and Pull (Vampire Favors, #1) by Emily Cyr Give and Take (Vampire Favors, #2) by Emily Cyr Fight or Flight by Emily Cyr now i will warn you the h, is a recovering addict. But Cannon and Lachlan. Totally hot, and its a really good series. I love Cyr. She is a good writer.

Blood Law (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #1) by Karin Tabke Bloodright (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #2) by Karin Tabke Blood Vow (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #3) by Karin Tabke now these ones are really angsty but both brothers are amazing. The angst actually makes the books better to be honest with you. Like bite your nails nervous. So totally worth the read. Besides look at those covers ah-maze-in

Good Intentions (The Road to Hell, #1) by Brenda K. Davies Carved (The Road to Hell, #2) by Brenda K. Davies The Road (The Road to Hell, #3) by Brenda K. Davies Into Hell (The Road to Hell Series, #4) by Brenda K. Davies if you want Dystopia with demons. I fully recommend this series. It started out as a freebie for me. I was shocked on how much i loved it i went with the whole series. Started buying them brand new on paperback. If you knew anything about me you'd know i normally only buy used. Lol

Any ways I'll start you there. If you think you want more from me let me know. I can keep going.

Oh reverse harems. C.M.Stunich does a few of them that i like. Also her contemporaries are really good too. Not really dark but more on the h and H are a f'ed up mess. Which is still really good. Also check out A Baby for the Lumberjacks by Chloe Kent Chloe Kent does some really great contemporary RH's

message 18: by Bunnycore (new)

Bunnycore | 28 comments Holly wrote: "BUNNY!! Guys, Bunny's the best. You're going to love her!"

Hey sweet girl. -waves like a crazy person- i am following you around.

message 19: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Bunnycore wrote: "@Errin girl where do i begin. Now everyone i ever talk to runs straight for Black Dagger Brotherhood, now they ain't bad (did I mention i was Texan, ain'ts a word and I'm stickin to it.)

But if y..."

Thank you! And you're a goddess!

message 20: by J.F. (new)

J.F. Holland (jfholland) | 55 comments Hi all, nice to meet you, such a diverse group.

message 21: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Welcome! So great to see so many new people coming into the group. ^_^

message 22: by Keith (CHINNY) (new)

Keith (CHINNY) Chinn | 2 comments Hi Ya
I am Keith Chinn, but friends call me Chinny. I am nearly 14 and live in Scotland we have a croft/ (Small farm) I like the Eragon series best, Harry Potter of course and any books on Dragons.

message 23: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Watts | 36 comments Keith (CHINNY) wrote: "Hi Ya
I am Keith Chinn, but friends call me Chinny. I am nearly 14 and live in Scotland we have a croft/ (Small farm) I like the Eragon series best, Harry Potter of course and any books on Dragons."

Hello Chinny

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily Crow | 25 comments Hello everyone,

I just joined this group. I love all kinds of books, but urban fantasy and PNR are some of my favorites. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Y'all 👋
I love to read books, it's a passion, not a hobby 😊, I'm into rom-coms, mythology and Folklore, and fantasy. I'm just a student trying to get through high school so that I can read all summer long, and not work on my tan like I said I would. I spend my time between reading books and taking pictures or playing with my 4 fur babies (and doing school work).

message 26: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Kelly wrote: "Hey Y'all 👋
I love to read books, it's a passion, not a hobby 😊, I'm into rom-coms, mythology and Folklore, and fantasy. I'm just a student trying to get through high school so that I can read all ..."

Hiya! *waves hello*

message 27: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Emily wrote: "Hello everyone,

I just joined this group. I love all kinds of books, but urban fantasy and PNR are some of my favorites. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading!"

Hi, Emily!

message 28: by Bunnycore (new)

Bunnycore | 28 comments Hey! *waves*

message 29: by Deb (last edited May 09, 2018 03:54AM) (new)

Deb McEwan (goodreadscomdeb_mcewan) | 1 comments Hiya Folks,
I'm an author of many genres. Can't make my mind up that's my problem. I have a four book afterlife series, three book soldier series and two books about aliens, amongst others. I live in Cyprus with my husband and rescue dog. We've only had her for eight weeks and are smitten, so she's inspired my next series before I crack on with book five in the afterlife series.
I read whatever takes my fancy, which is paranormal thrillers at the mo. I love series but don't enjoy really long books.
Looking forward to reading some great books here and meeting you all. :-)

message 30: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Deb wrote: "Hiya Folks,

*waves* Hi, Deb!

message 31: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Welcome everyone! Glad to have you here.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi all,

I don't claim to be a writer, i am however a lover of books. I can say: 'any book will do', but i am way to picky for that. What i will say is i have a broad spectrum of books i love, but i mostly read fantasy romance and paranormal romance. What can i say. I love happy endings ;-). The last couple of months i am having trouble of finding a book that sucks me right in. I know hard to believe with so many gems just waiting to be discovered. That is why i have come here i hope to be inspired for my next book and the one after that and on and on it will go.

Now about myself i can be short. I am in the middle of painting my new home. I live together with my sweet old cat and will shortly get two more fur bundles in the mix. I am looking forward to hearing from you all

message 33: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Hiya, Juliasophia! Are you painting on the outside or inside of your new home? (I'm doing neither, so I'll live vicariously thru those who decorate...)

message 34: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Austin (shanamon) | 1612 comments Hi, I'm Marcia. I am addicted to paranormal romance and urban fantasy. I have some authors I just can't get enough of and others that I'm exploring. I look forward to discussions with this group.

message 35: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Hi Martha! What are your favorite PNR reads?

message 36: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Juliasophia wrote: "What can i say. I love happy endings..."

Welcome Julia! You've come to the right place. =)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for the welcome and good to hear that I am at the right spot. and to answer your question I just bought a new house, so I am painting every wall on the inside. Lots of hard work but so worth is.

message 38: by Nadine (new)

Nadine May (nadinemay) | 8 comments Hi there I'm Nadine May and I've been at Goodreads for years but have not been able to get back here. I went to my profile here to find out where I add my FREE ebook download offer for the 18th of May.

message 39: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Groves (jsgroves) | 1 comments Good morning, everyone, I'm Jeffrey.

I'm a jeweler by day, an author by night, and photographer when I can bribe someone to pose for me. My genres are urban fantasy, occult horror, and sword-and-sorcery. I'm that obnoxious person who can't consume any media without running it through the dual gauntlets of social justice criticism and literary analysis, but the upside is that I love to talk about how things work, mechanically, in storytelling.

I'm still new to Goodreads, so please bear with me as I master both the technical and social idiosyncrasies of the site.

I have just published my first novel.

message 40: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Welcome Nadine and J.S. Glad to have you in the group. :)

message 41: by Eric (new)

Eric (ericgardnerauthor) | 3 comments Hello all, I'm Eric.

I'm a stay at home-dad, military spouse and veteran and a lover of great books...:-) Glad to meet all of you and thank you for setting up this terrific group!

message 42: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Hiya, new guys!

message 43: by Brandy (new)

Brandy (bookloverbrandy) | 1 comments Hi, my name's Brandy and I'm addicted to Paranormal and Fantasy books (all subgenres to be included). I've been sober for exactly 0 days now. *laughs awkwardly*
Anywhooo...I'm 42, a single mom, currently lives in IA and works from home. I enjoy many genres of books but paranormal & fantasy are my absolute favorite. I've loved books for as long as I can remember. My imagination does a much better job than Hollywood lol. I'm a lot like Chandler from Friends, I make horrible jokes when nervous, usually inappropriate.

My favorite go to reads are:

The Others Series by Anne Bishop
Fire & Ice Trilogy by K.F. Breene
The Veil Diaries Series by B.L. Brunnemar
Legion of Angels Series by Ella Summers
Crossbreed Series by Dannika Dark
Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George RR Martin
The Dark in You Series by Suzanne Wright

I never know what to say in these things, so I think that's a decent dating profile intro for GR. 😉
I look forward to getting to know everyone! 

message 44: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Hi Brandy - I thought your intro was clever... and fiction is darn near the only worthy thing on this earth!

message 45: by Brandy (new)

Brandy (bookloverbrandy) | 1 comments Thanks Errin!! I agree absolutely, fiction is one of the few things. It makes me extremely happy, daily. If stranded on a deserted island with only 2 things it would be my kindle and something to charge it with lol

message 46: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 97 comments Brandy wrote: "Thanks Errin!! I agree absolutely, fiction is one of the few things. It makes me extremely happy, daily. If stranded on a deserted island with only 2 things it would be my kindle and something to c..."

Love it!

message 47: by Wild_irish_rose (new)

Wild_irish_rose | 6 comments Hi Everyone, I am Danni Rose--addicted reader and now an author. I love, love, love paranormal even though I write contemporary and historical romance. But I do have a couple of paranormals started that I'd love to get back to someday. Right now I am reading Moxie North's Pacific Northwest Bears series and re-read some of T.S. Joyce's shifters books. See you around, Danni

message 48: by Maria (last edited Jun 02, 2018 11:50AM) (new)

Maria (emmazunz) | 3 comments Hi, my name is Maria. I'm an avid reader of PNR and UF, but also a professor. I've presented on PNR and UF at a number of conferences, and I'm working on an article on the genre/s. My goal is to write a book explaining the phenomenon of PNR, a genre that just started in the 90's and didn't take off until 2002, but is now the most read romance genre among young people, the development and connections between PNR and UF and the main topics/ issues that appear in them. My aim is to make it an scholarly book but also accessible to the general public. I'm joining this group because I am very interested on what readers and writers have to say about it, and on discovering new authors/series I may have missed, especially books published in the last decade. Other than that, I live in a small town in the Midwest with my husband and daughter and three cats. I teach Spanish and Global Studies, and a class on PNR and UF.

message 49: by Danyelle (last edited Jun 02, 2018 12:30PM) (new)

Danyelle (danisbooks) | 49 comments Hi I'm Danyelle I love paranormal & fantasy in both YA and adult and I'm currently reading
Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2) by Joely Sue Burkhart

message 50: by MG (new)

MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger* (martrob) | 11 comments Maria wrote: "Hi, my name is Maria. I'm an avid reader of PNR and UF, but also a professor. I've presented on PNR and UF at a number of conferences, and I'm working on an article on the genre/s. My goal is to wr..."

Hi Maria! I am a professor too! :) I'd love to pick your brain some time about your presentations and things you may have done incorporating PRN and UF in your courses! Sounds really interesting!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10