Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Lowdown (Dale Conley Action Thrillers #3)
This topic is about The Lowdown
Adding New Books & Editions > Please add book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erik (new)

Erik Carter | 49 comments Hello.

Would you please add The Lowdown to my author account?

Also, two people followed me via this listing that's not yet connected to my author account. Would you move these people to the followers on my author account?

ASIN: B07C3BFV2H
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thank you!
Erik Carter

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25140 comments Moved book to your name (two spaces between first & last name). I'm afraid those people would have to follow you again, as the other profile is a valid one.

message 3: by Erik (new)

Erik Carter | 49 comments Thank you, Scott!

When you say two spaces between first and last name, are you referring to my account or the one where it was originally listed? If it's mine, is this something I should fix, something that might be a detriment to search-ability?

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25140 comments Your name has two spaces to differentiate it from the other Erik. This is the only way GR can disambiguate authors with the same name. (Some common names have a dozen spaces or more.) It does not affect searchability but it does mean that any new books you release, if automatically imported, will go under the default Erik. But they can be manually moved just as this one was.

message 5: by Erik (new)

Erik Carter | 49 comments I see. Thanks for the explanation, Scott!

Scott wrote: "Your name has two spaces to differentiate it from the other Erik. This is the only way GR can disambiguate authors with the same name. (Some common names have a dozen spaces or more.) It does not a..."

message 6: by Erik (new)

Erik Carter | 49 comments Sorry, Scott, one more question.

I know there are some options for GR readers in terms of being notified about authors' new releases. Since my future books will all be attributed to the other Erik Carter account until they're manually changed like this, how will this affect notifications that readers/followers receive about my new books?

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25140 comments I'm afraid I don't use those features at all so I am not sure how they work. Sorry.

message 8: by Erik (new)

Erik Carter | 49 comments No worries, Scott. I just posted the question in the general Questions discussion.

Thanks!