Brandon Sanderson Community discussion

Brandon Sanderson
This topic is about Brandon Sanderson
The Traveler(Link Inside)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noah (last edited Apr 24, 2018 12:14PM) (new)

Noah (princedusty) | 95 comments Mod
JordanCon 2018 hype! All the awesome WOBs! What do you guys think of the short piece he shared, The Traveler? (link here: http://www.17thshard.com/news/brandon...)

For those of you who aren't hardcore Sharders, Hoid is the wanderer and the old man is Frost (the recipient of some of the Letters in the Stormlight Archives).

I thought it was AWESOME, for starters. It is definitely set on Yolen, and it's nice to know that Yolen wasnt destroyed soon after The Shattering like some people thought.

message 2: by Eugenio (new)

Eugenio | 31 comments Thanks Noah for pointing this out

message 3: by Noah (new)

No prob. D'you have a 17th Shard account?? I'm PrinceDusty

message 4: by Eugenio (new)

Eugenio | 31 comments I think I need to create a 17th shard account!

The story is short and sweet and has soooo many nuggets that can mean so many things!

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldixon) | 118 comments I'm probably right behind you Eugenio in creating an account. This is my cat nip

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 29 comments I have a 17th shard account which I rarely use, but if anyone wants to follow me or interact with me, I'm Dashichka over there.

Also, I was at the reading. My husband video recorded the whole thing. :-D Just needed to throw that in there lol

message 7: by Noah (new)

Awesome!

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldixon) | 118 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I have a 17th shard account which I rarely use, but if anyone wants to follow me or interact with me, I'm Dashichka over there.

Also, I was at the reading. My husband video recorded the whole thin..."

Diana! You were there! so happy for you! Also jealous

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 29 comments Michael *Windrunner* wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I have a 17th shard account which I rarely use, but if anyone wants to follow me or interact with me, I'm Dashichka over there.

Also, I was at the reading. My husband vi..."

Come join us next year. He usually comes every other year but they're trying to get him to come back next year as well.

https://www.jordancon.org/

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldixon) | 118 comments Vicegrip makes an entrance to 17th shard

message 11: by Noah (last edited Apr 25, 2018 10:18AM) (new)

I wanted to come this year, but had a conference I had to be at that weekend D: Also, great, Michael! I'll follow you as soon as I get home and have decent WiFi, you should check out the Clans and Guilds

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldixon) | 118 comments How do I search for you guys and start following you around like a lost puppy? Also which clans or guilds do you recommend?

message 13: by Noah (new)

Well the Ghostbloods were a cool guild but they're kind of breaking up at the moment. If you search my name, or just go down and find PrinceDusty, you can follow me. There's tons of other Roleplays, like Knights of the Cosmere. Recently, all the different guilds formed a massive Roleplay called the Alleyverse, in which each guild has a different area set aside and we have a bunch of duels and crap going on weekly and whatnot and
you know what, it's pretty confusing, tbh i don't understand most of it. If you scroll all the way down to the last section of the Forum, called Guilds and Clans and whatnot, there's a bunch of threads in there explaining it. I'd join either the Stick worshippers because everyone likes them or TUBA, the group that opposes the Dark Alley guild because the dark alley sells hemalurgically spiked cookies and they're really annoying. Any of the sects of Stick worshippers or TUBA would be good clans to join. This post is currently really manged but i have something I need to do, I'll come back and edit it in a little bit, for now I'll just post it

message 14: by Noah (new)

Lol have any of you been following the Alleyverse happenings lately? If so you know that there are multiple people who want to nail me to a wall- and since they're Sanderson nerds the nails will probably be hemalurgic XD

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 29 comments Noah wrote: "Lol have any of you been following the Alleyverse happenings lately? If so you know that there are multiple people who want to nail me to a wall- and since they're Sanderson nerds the nails will pr..."

I totally don't get the Alleyverse nor the whole guild system.

message 16: by Noah (new)

It's less confusing than you'd think
-There's a few main guilds, such as the Ghostbloods, Dark Alley, Liebrarians, Sticknaughts, and the Canton of Combat.
-A while back, people started having 'duels' and we had to make things formalized, with mediators for fights.
-It slowly became more and more 'roleplay' like, but it's still nothing like a true roleplay (like Knights of the Cosmere); there's just a lot of standardized rules and talking now.
-Now, people call the collective group of Guilds and all the fighting and subterfuge that goes on between them the 'Alleyverse.'

message 17: by Joel (new)

Joel Does anyone get the vibe that this may be hinting that Hoid was Adonalsium?

message 18: by Noah (new)

Not really- we're like 99% percent sure that Hoid was offered a Shard and denied it, and I think there's a WOB somewhere saying that Adonalsium is irreversibly dead

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldixon) | 118 comments I agree with Noah

message 20: by Joel (last edited Apr 27, 2018 05:37PM) (new)

Joel Do you think Hoid is trying to become Adonalsium?

message 21: by Eugenio (new)

Eugenio | 31 comments I don't think he's aiming to combine the Shards. I think he wants to take them all down, even the "good" ones. He is going around gathering powers and (I think) items of power, and very directly in a Hoid-ish sort of way interfering with the more malicious Shards.

message 22: by Noah (new)

Sanderson has confirmed that Hoid's goal is to "reunite what once was." A lot of people think that means either fix Adonalsium or become the new Adonalsium, but I think that's too blatantly obvious for someone like Sanderson.

message 23: by Eugenio (new)

Eugenio | 31 comments Ok now this is a stretch, but maybe by killing the Shards, he is reuniting them to eachother in the beyond? Like they were a crew, and he wants them together again for one last heist

message 24: by Joel (new)

Joel Thanks guys! I love the cosmere stuff and I hope Brandon continues to release fun tidbits like this and Secret History while he works on the larger stuff.

message 25: by Noah (new)

I see where you're going Eugenio... but the 'one last heist' is kind of Kelsier's thing :-)

message 26: by Eugenio (new)

Eugenio | 31 comments Hoid and Kelsier have met, so maybe Hoid is borrowing some ideas