Brilliant Books You've Never Heard Of discussion

The Secret Ingredient of Wishes
This topic is about The Secret Ingredient of Wishes
Group Read > The Secret Ingredient of Wishes - First Impressions *No Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) What are your first thoughts of The Secret Ingredient of Wishes? Does it seem sweet? ;)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) My library system actually had a copy of this one! I'm picking it up on my way home from work today.

message 3: by Kristin B. (last edited May 03, 2018 08:01AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) Alright, so I'm not generally into chick-lit, which is what this appears to be. However, on the second page there is mention of a Blue Sun t-shirt, which I can't help but think is a Firefly reference. If so, this book is automatically great in my opinion.

Also, the main character wraps presents in the Sunday comics, which I have done my entire adult life. I think I'm going to like this book more than I thought.

Sally McDaniel-Smith | 13 comments I finally got my copy from the library! Looking forward to reading it this month.

message 5: by Kasi (new) - added it

Kasi (kasireadsjunkandstuff) I have been so terrible this month. I ordered the book off thriftbooks and then checked it our from my library so I could go ahead and get to reading it. Well... my copy came in today and I still haven't cracked the spin on the library's. :/ It sounds like such a cute premise, I don't know why I haven't made the time to pick it up and stick my nose in it. Fingers crossed this weekend everything aligns!!

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) Kasi wrote: "I have been so terrible this month. I ordered the book off thriftbooks and then checked it our from my library so I could go ahead and get to reading it. Well... my copy came in today and I still h..."

It's a really light read. I'm sure you'll get through it in no time!

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 21 comments The Secret Ingredient of Wishes by Susan Bishop Crispell
★★★

Overall, despite its flaws, I found this a quick and enjoyable read. This just might be a book if you had just read a ponderous book. For my full review, click here.