YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Beyond Scandal and Desire (Sins for All Seasons, #1)
This topic is about Beyond Scandal and Desire
BUDDY READ: Historical Fiction > Beyond scandal and desire by Lorraine Heath starting April 25, 2018

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Story_girl | 421 comments At birth, Mick Trewlove, the illegitimate son of a duke, was handed over to a commoner. Despite his lowly upbringing, Mick has become a successful businessman, but all his wealth hasn’t satisfied his need for revenge against the man who still won’t acknowledge him. What else can Mick do but destroy the duke’s legitimate son—and woo the heir’s betrothed into his own unloving arms . . .

Orphaned and sheltered, Lady Aslyn Hastings longs for a bit of adventure. With her intended often preoccupied, Aslyn finds herself drawn to a darkly handsome entrepreneur who seems to understand her so well. Surely a lady of her station should avoid Mick Trewlove. If only he weren’t so irresistible . . .

As secrets are about to be exposed, Mick must decide if his plan for vengeance is worth risking what his heart truly desires.

Suranjana | 148 comments I am beginning now. 😀

Story_girl | 421 comments :D

Let me know what you think

I started this morning..and I've been really enjoying it. This is my second Lorraine heath book. I loved that that one. I'm happy to see that I'm enjoying this one too!

Suranjana | 148 comments I'm at chapter 10 and I like the story so far. Mick is a relatable character. I like the supporting cast. And Aslyn is sweet.

Suranjana | 148 comments This is not the first time I read about baby farming or bastard heroes. It was a valid social issue at that time.

Story_girl | 421 comments I have read bastard heroes before but never baby farming. The way it's mentioned in this book sounds horrific!!

Suranjana | 148 comments You know I think cruelty to babies and dogs are the most inhumane anyone can do.

Suranjana | 148 comments I am getting really suspicious about the duchess... What's her problem? She seems to have a lot of secrets.

Suranjana | 148 comments Kip is not Aslyn's hero. Anyone can see they are just not a match together.

Suranjana | 148 comments I think I am in love of Mick's foster mom and foster siblings. Wow.. @Chapter 13 now. The story is really good.

Story_girl | 421 comments Well kip and Ashlyn are obviously not meant to be. but something tells me maybe he will clean up his act and become better later and maybe he will be paired with Fancy in one of the letter books 🤔 lol. I think I'm really getting carried away with the guessing

Story_girl | 421 comments Yep I'm really loving the supporting characters. Each of his foster brothers and sisters will get a book I think

Story_girl | 421 comments I'm close to finishing the book. I think I'll finish by tonight

Suranjana | 148 comments Fancy is very mature and astute for her age. I wish I was like her when I wad 16....

Suranjana | 148 comments Yes the foster siblings and Kip will definitely have their own books. Ditto.

Suranjana | 148 comments I was thinking Ryan Reynolds would look good as Mick...

Story_girl | 421 comments Haha...
I'm finished with the book. How far along are you?
I really enjoyed this

Suranjana | 148 comments Ok I just finished the book. That was a good twist at the end. And I liked the story. Did you feel it was short? I thought was. But that didn't hurt anything. Though Mick and Aslyn got a happy ending, I felt it had a lot of rough edges for other characters, especially Kip. So.... there are goinv to be books where Mick's siblings get their own stories.

Story_girl | 421 comments Yep, good twist, although to be honest I had doubted it a few times while reading it.

No it didn't seem short to me. The pacing seemed pretty good. If it was longer, I'm afraid the book may have seemed to be dragging on :( Unfortunately this is something I have felt in a lot of HR

Story_girl | 421 comments Yes I'm eager to read the books of the siblings