What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Ghost That Came Alive
This topic is about The Ghost That Came Alive
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. MG Fiction potential paranormal/mystery. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karlie Lucas | 4 comments I"m looking for a book that was probably published between the 70's to 90's about a family stranded in bad weather. They find a house on a cliff that looks kinda scary and are, thankfully, allowed to stay there until the storm dies down. The people who let them in, I think, are a couple. And the family who got stranded are a typical mom and dad pair with a son, I believe, who, when staying in one of the rooms, finds a watch that has dropped from the attic above. someone has scratched the words "help me", I think, into it. And he thinks it's a ghost. Eventually, he figures out the people who they thought owned the house actually took over it and imprisoned the original family, which included a daughter, the "ghost" the boy first encountered. And the people who imprisoned them are actually counterfeiters.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36622 comments Mod
Karlie, are there paranormal elements in the story? Or just the imagined ghost?

Was the stranded family in a car or boat? Travelling to where?

What's the time period and location (country, region, by the sea, etc.)?

Karlie Lucas | 4 comments The stranded family was in a car. I can't remember if the car broke down or not though. I don't remember where they were trying to go but they might have been moving from somewhere.

Time period... I'd say anywhere from 70-80's, though I'm not positive on that. It was by the ocean. Might have been America or England. The book was in English.

Karlie Lucas | 4 comments Upon further thought, it's possible the book was set earlier. I do recall the copy I read was paperback though, if that helps.

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Vic Crume - The Ghost That Came Alive

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Karlie Lucas | 4 comments Yes! This sounds like this is it!