Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Need help, Please. Combing book info.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cyrano (new)

Cyrano (CyranoDeBergerac) | 4 comments Hello, I am a new author with a new book on Amazon. I came to add my book but it is already listed here with three reviews. The problem is that it is an edition from the first day I put it on Amazon and the Title and some minor corrections have been done since that edition (just over a week ago)
I don't want to lose the reviews but I do want to change to the correct edition with the updated title.
Could someone please help me?
I thank you so much for your kindness.

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Please provide a link to the book on GR you are talking about.

message 3: by Cyrano (new)

Cyrano (CyranoDeBergerac) | 4 comments My apologies:)
This is the present listing on goodreads.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
This is the updated version on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Love-Christian...

Thank you so much for your time and help!

message 4: by Philip (last edited Apr 24, 2018 03:06PM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments So, this would be a 2nd edition? I don't see anything different between Amazon and GR. The "subtitles" for both editions would be removed anyway, because they do not meet GR Policy on Titles, so the title of the books would both be "Love".

I can create a new edition with all the same data, but I would be surprised if sometime down the road it was not removed, since all the info would be exactly the same. Only way they would look different is if you have a different pub date, but that is even showing the same right now on Amazon.

message 5: by Cyrano (new)

Cyrano (CyranoDeBergerac) | 4 comments The book description is slightly different, also but my main concern was that the first said Novel and the second said Romance. I did not realize that the subtitle will be removed, I thought it stayed and would misdirect someone searching for it.
You certainly know better about this matter than I do. Please do whatever you think is best.
Thank you for you help, I really appreciate it.

message 6: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments So just description, the content of the book is the same? If that is the case I can just update the description.

For reference the below is a snippet from the librarian manual on subtitles.

"The subtitle should also match the cover of the book. Bear in mind that books are sometimes republished with different subtitles, so a subtitle for one edition should not be assumed to be present on all editions. When a book has a subtitle, the subtitle should be separated from the main title by a language-appropriate separator (in English or if the separator is unknown, use a colon) and a single space. The phrase "A Novel" is not considered a subtitle."

message 7: by Cyrano (new)

Cyrano (CyranoDeBergerac) | 4 comments Again, thank you for your time Philip.
You have been very helpful.